Couple of Questions from S3 Newbie

MidnightBlue

Reaction score
Afternoon,

Just bought a 58 S3 and have a couple of questions after a few days ownership:

- One of the LED's on my DRL's is not working, can these be replaced or am I gonna get stripped up for a whole new light unit???

- Unfortunately it only has the Audi Concert head unit and has a USB port in the glovebox, my Ipod Nano 3rd Gen doesn't work at all but tried someone's 16GB Ipod classic and that does? Any ideas to why the nano just don't register or charge for that matter?

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate, congrats on the new car.. Get some pics up!

Unfortunately the headlights are sealed units so it will need replaced.

I have a nano 4th gen in my car which works fine so i'm assuming its the age of the iPod thats the problem!

S**t really - how much is it for a new unit? Probably not worth it as it's just the one?

I forgot to mention, I tried my missus nano which I'm sure is the 4th Gen (taller skinnier one) and that was not registering either - do you connect yours to the USB port?

Afternoon,

Just bought a 58 S3 and have a couple of questions after a few days ownership:

- One of the LED's on my DRL's is not working, can these be replaced or am I gonna get stripped up for a whole new light unit???

- Unfortunately it only has the Audi Concert head unit and has a USB port in the glovebox, my Ipod Nano 3rd Gen doesn't work at all but tried someone's 16GB Ipod classic and that does? Any ideas to why the nano just don't register or charge for that matter?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to audi-sport.net. You will find everyone really helpful on here. Enjoy the forum. :)x

Hello all,

Ok so I've had the car a week, noticed a bit of oil leaking from underneath the engine and some visible inside the engine bay.

The history of the car is it's a 58 with 55k miles, FASH, last one done in Jan this year so it's been looked after.

I've took some pics to show where a little puddle has appeared in the engine bay, by the colour of the oil it looks pretty fresh.

Could it have been overfilled and has overflowed when I've driven around, not sure how long it was sitting in the dealers showroom???

ImageImage1Image2

S**t really - how much is it for a new unit? Probably not worth it as it's just the one?

I forgot to mention, I tried my missus nano which I'm sure is the 4th Gen (taller skinnier one) and that was not registering either - do you connect yours to the USB port?

i had my headlight replaced under warranty due to it getting condensation in it. The paperwork states that the headlight unit is £822!! I was just glad that I had warranty and seeing the price of that made me decide to extend my warranty as the extension was less than the cost of one headlight.