Rubbing

powerplay

Grrrr
Reaction score
Anyone experienced any rubbing/rasping sounds coming from the front when you slowly reverse around a corner?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone experienced any rubbing/rasping sounds coming from the front when you slowly reverse around a corner?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's when you turn the steering wheel (rather than the car being moving) then your car may need a new steering rack - mine is going in next week to have a new one fitted.

There ws a similar post to this on here a week or so back Powerplay, may be useful to you, was called something like 'Noise when turning steering wheel at low speed'.

If it is a prob, let us know how you get on, seems reasonably common, think I read about it on tyresmoke.net too in the A3 forum there .

Yeah - the other post is here - seems to be a problem on golfs as well....

My advice is take it to a dealer...

Thanks, I'd not seen that thread, seems to be relevant.

Off to the USA for too weeks from tomorrow, but as soon as I'm back I'll take the car in and ask them to check it out. Will also take a printout of that thread also - might catch the dealer out when they announce it's never been reported before... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I'd not seen that thread, seems to be relevant.

Off to the USA for too weeks from tomorrow, but as soon as I'm back I'll take the car in and ask them to check it out. Will also take a printout of that thread also - might catch the dealer out when they announce it's never been reported before... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My dealer volunteered the idea to me - they rebooked my car while it was in for a new gearbox, so they are aware of it....