remapping on a 2009 S3

blackheaddog

Reaction score
Considering a remap on my S3 but would like to ask if anyone else has had it done and what they think re mpg/insurance/any problems etc. Comment gratefully received!

Considering a remap on my S3 but would like to ask if anyone else has had it done and what they think re mpg/insurance/any problems etc. Comment gratefully received!

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Send a pm to user Brodster on here, he is a shark dealer/site sponsor (brotek) and he also has his own car which is an s3 remapped, he will be able to give you the info you need. He is based in the Scottish Border. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Brotek

As Sandra has said,Brodster will be able to help,but mine has been mapped a number of times,from about 10 000 miles on,going from 260bhp to a bit over 500bhp.

No problems at all apart from the predictable clutch changes,and suspension/brake upgrades,and the car itself has been superb.

Insurance is usually not a big problem either,with people like Sky and Greenlight to look to.

Reactions: Sandra
I think Brodster's on his Holidays this week but may well pick up emails etc or I'm sure he'll reply as soon as he can :)

I think Brodster's on his Holidays this week but may well pick up emails etc or I'm sure he'll reply as soon as he can :)

Yes mark is on holiday, but he will pick up his pm messages. :) x

Gone from standard S3 (2007) to Revo stage 1 to revo stage 2 now. Very worthwhile doing, no real change in MPG.

Had to change clutch at stage 2 as it was slipping more than a slippery thing covered in slippy stuff.

Yes you need to inform your insurers of any modification.

I had stage one revo then stage two revo but finally I was satisfied with stage 2+ apr remap. Great power response and great drive ability. Fuel:arco: econ went down but. Hey ho. But dyno at 367 bhp.

As said already, Shark Performance agents such as Brodster and N8 on the forum offer excellent service and you won't find anyone complaining about their remaps. I had Shark Stage 1 and Stage 2 remaps on my S3 and it was awesome. The performance was breathtaking and my fuel consumption even improved over standard. :wub: xx

Reactions: batch and N8
Can anyone explain the difference between revo, shark and all the other software remaps?? There seems to be a massive difference in price, and the more I read the more I get confused!!!

They deliver power differently. I run revo on my 2009 S3 because I like the aggressive punch-in-the-back like acceleration but others prefer a more linear power delivery from shark/apr. Your best bet is to try them all and decide what you like the best by going out in other members cars or using free trials like revo offer.

They deliver power differently. I run revo on my 2009 S3 because I like the aggressive punch-in-the-back like acceleration but others prefer a more linear power delivery from shark/apr. Your best bet is to try them all and decide what you like the best by going out in other members cars or using free trials like revo offer.

Very true,but don't forget that the delivery can be tailored,and a Revo map doesn't have to be aggressive any more than another has to feel soft.

The delivery on mine is pretty smooth,but strong throughout the range.

it is beginning to make some sense now, thanks for all your replies! Just been driving the Military Road in Northumberland....:)