Car reg checker

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
I'm sure i saw it on here? The DVLA checker that you type the car reg in and it comes back with basic details

Any one got the link?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure i saw it on here? The DVLA checker that you type the car reg in and it comes back with basic details

Any one got the link?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was on the RAC web site for free - now you have to pay for it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Any one got the link?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was on the RAC web site for free - now you have to pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't!

HERE

Well done Scotty - you are absolutely right.

The RAC data is horribly out of date
though....

Enter the reg S555JWW - it was my old personal plate (now sold and unallocated) - the RAC site shows this as attached to a 2002 Saab 95 Aero.....

The plate also went on the following cars:

New 2003 in 2003 Saab 95 Aero
Used 2001 in 2004 Saab 93
New 2004 in 2004 Audi Cabrio

The Cabrio was sold at the begining of September (complete with plate) and the DVLA site shows the dates correctly.

Seems like the RAC need to buy an update!

Certainly is out of date. Maybe that's why you don't have to register to use it now although they never charged. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Damn, didn'y realise that the road fund tax on a 2.0 TDI DSG is £20 more per year than the manual ( Put in neibours reg no. who has a manual TDI ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
£135 isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, for us DSG'rs but it's showing £115 for my neibours manual 2.0 TDI Sport.

Now let me think....

Would I rather have the DSG and pay an extra £20 per year in road tax or have a Manual.

Difficult decision - took me about as long as it takes the DSG to change gear - about 0.5 seconds.

DSG all the way.

[ QUOTE ]
Now let me think....

Would I rather have the DSG and pay an extra £20 per year in road tax or have a Manual.

Difficult decision - took me about as long as it takes the DSG to change gear - about 0.5 seconds.

DSG all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask me the same question...
Go on,I dare ya...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Incidentally,anyone else bought their roadtax online yet ?
Worked a treat for me,for the wife's car.
No more queues in post offices,only for some stroppy old bint to tell you you've taken your insurance policy and not your certificate.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Worked a treat for me,for the wife's car.:

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell us how. Sounds good to me, but can't imagine it woking. How do they verify your insurance and MOT certs?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Worked a treat for me,for the wife's car.:

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell us how. Sounds good to me, but can't imagine it woking. How do they verify your insurance and MOT certs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep bowfer, did mine this way, it's so much better.

Lon, they have electronic records of insurance / road tax / MOT etc.

My wife tried to renew hers online some months ago and the site was very slow and then came up with a message to say it was not working!

Probably teething troubles, but definetly the way to go.

I don't think I need to ask you the same question Bowfer -we already know how much you dislike your A3 in general and the DSG in particular.

Yeah - bought the missus road tax online, worked a treat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

and no Bowfer - lets not ask!

I bought my tax disc using the dvla website. It worked really well, and it came through in the post a couple of days later. I think it only works on cars less than 3 years old, as they don't have electronic MOT records.