Nightmare of a day

coreythorny

Reaction score
Finally fitted my H&R springs.
Then found I had a bulb out, drivers sidelight infact. I have LEDs from Trups, so pulled it out and the light itself fell into the headlight as I pulled it out.
Managed to fish it out with some wire and sticky tape through the DRL light (pre-facelift Bi-xenons)
Tested and worked fine.
Put it all back together, headlights on. Now the other sidelight and Xenon didn't work.
Turns out my battery had died as it would turn over.
Jump started and all worked fine.

However; now the Drivers sidelight, the one which fell in the light isn't working again. I presume it's working loose in the holder. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, I noticed on idle I get a little "blip" every now and again. No ticking at high rpm though.
Smelt my oil and it smelt of petrol :( sounds like cam follower.
What's the worse this can cause and what extent can it get to?

My cars a 2008 S3 8P Pre-facelift.

Hi mate ,id change the cam follower asap,any reciepts in audi folder to see when it was lasted changed?

I'll have a look when I get home.

I do have a years Audi Approved warranty but will they refuse the work due to the lowering springs now? No chance ill take them off any time soon lol.

Id get them to check cam follower ,lights and battery ..

If you've fitted springs then you should be capable of checking the cam follower yourself, its a ten minute job. I bet its fine and you've just got a bit of car hypocondria because of the other problems you've had.

If you've fitted springs then you should be capable of checking the cam follower yourself, its a ten minute job. I bet its fine and you've just got a bit of car hypocondria because of the other problems you've had.

Quite possibly, is oil smelling of petrol normal regardless then? I wouldn't say it was nose stripping strong.
There's no fuel smell outside?

Here's the car lowered also :D

88b15cba5dd34ac31524e6946e59ec7e_zpsc3df5221.jpg