Help needed for Audi Chorus AUX or iPod input

Isaa

Reaction score
Hi
Ive recently bought a 2007 Audi A3 Sportback which is fitted with the basic (no CD changer, no AUX input) Audi Chorus unit.

I just wanted to know how I would go about fitting a AUX cable to it. I don't want anything fancy, just want to be able to play songs from my iPhone through my stereo. Being able to choose tracks through the head unit would be a bonus but is not a must have.

Any feedback given is welcome.

Fitted a connects2 aux in last week. I think you need the one with the Quadlock connector. PN CTVADX002. Only £30 and sounds very good!

Fitted a connects2 aux in last week. I think you need the one with the Quadlock connector. PN CTVADX002. Only £30 and sounds very good!

If I was to fit the connects2 AUX would the the Audi Chorus need programing to accept it?

It will throw up errors that you would see if you had vcds. Because the connects2 is a cd changer emulator. The chorus I believe would see it as a changer it's not coded for. That's what happened with mine. It worked fine without coding though. But I have vcds now so coded it for a changer, cleared the codes and they haven't come back since.

It will throw up errors that you would see if you had vcds. Because the connects2 is a cd changer emulator. The chorus I believe would see it as a changer it's not coded for. That's what happened with mine. It worked fine without coding though. But I have vcds now so coded it for a changer, cleared the codes and they haven't come back since.

May I ask where you got yours from and does the Connect2 alow you to change songs through the head unit?

Got mine from an Amazon reseller called Car Audio Warehouse. No it doesn't. It just simulates playing the first track of the first CD in the external changer.

I fitted a Dension 100 for mine, works perfectly! Can browse the playlists and artists etc..
I also ran the iPod cable into a nice convenient place!