Exhaust standard? i think not!

Dangerous

Reaction score
Morning guys and gals, I have recently bought a 57 2007 S3 and have thought from the start the exhaust sounds great but have presumed it was standard. But on taking a closer look this morning have noticed it says on it Milltek Sport. Now I presume this isn't the standard exhaust but would be grateful of some advice. Cheers!

Yes if it has Miltek written on the top of the exhaust tips the standard system has been replaced.

Saved yourself like £900+ mate lol lucky your car came with it

Reactions: wuta3
All well an good, but this could mean that this car has had a hard past.

Its bound to have map on if its a turbo back system, get Revo or the like to have a look, if so, its easily 'woken up' if returned to standard, and at a cheaper price.

A catback system will still show milltek on the tips, so you might only be half way there.

Either way, money saved :yahoo:

Nice for some, wish mine came with one :(

Keep toying with the idea of just de-catting the standard system but heard it's too restrictive for stage 2+ regardless :(

All well an good, but this could mean that this car has had a hard past.

Its bound to have map on if its a turbo back system, get Revo or the like to have a look, if so, its easily 'woken up' if returned to standard, and at a cheaper price
A catback system will still show milltek on the tips, so you might only be half way there.

Either way, money saved :yahoo:

What will it cost me to get it checked out?

Put some pictures on asn and we will tell u for free ;)

Ok, I looked underneath but can't tell myself. And you won't be able to tell me about remap lol
It does feel very fast but only had an 8L 1.8tqs before with remap. And sounds amazing when you drop it a gear or 2 and put your foot down :-D

It sounds great , any mods in engine bay that you can see ? Plus we still want pictures lol

Haven't noticed anything in engine bay but will post a load of pics. ****** dealer didn't tell me anything and presumed it was standard.

dont forget to tell your insurance aswell.

Oh Yeh didn't know it was on there when I did insurance, whoops! What's that likely to knock me? =-O

matbe nothing
but anything upto £100
my gti one they charged me £47

What can you tell me from these?

Attachments

• IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMAG0087.jpg
    IMAG0087.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMAG0090.jpg
    IMAG0090.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMAG0093.jpg
    IMAG0093.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMAG0092.jpg
    IMAG0092.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 149
Defo a milltek resonated tbh ,just cant see the downpipe to see if its a full system .. :) lovely car by the way ..

you still have the centre box so it's a resonated system but hard to tell anything else, have you been right under and had a look? as you should be able to tell where the two systems join if you don't have a full turbo back system

Any good?

Attachments

• IMAG0099.jpg
    IMAG0099.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 163
tuck that lamba wire up b4 you snag it

Reactions: wuta3
Jesus a full system, that's a touch! So now I need to know if it has a map. Any suggestions? I'm in south east london/north west Kent. And if it has map and a full system what are we looking at figures wise? =-O

Oh and how much would all that cost?

LOL I got quoted 1,300 (fitted, new) last week for cat-back milltek. Lucky swine, though as others say hopefully it doesn't mean the car was redlined 24/7. Saying that, it is a bit of a bad sterotype to suggest remap+exhaust = not taking care.

Well it seems fine drives nice slow and at speed. Nothing untoward that I've noticed. AndI suppose it would of needed a map after new exhaust wouldn't it?

Not sure whether I'm pleased or worried now. Just wanted a nice manual S3 with Bose really. Ended up with black edition with Bose nav, heated buckets and possibly a full milltek system. Is that good? Has it been thrashed? Is it mapped? What's the Bhp? =-O advice or reassurance most welcome. Lol

Not sure whether I'm pleased or worried now. Just wanted a nice manual S3 with Bose really. Ended up with black edition with Bose nav, heated buckets and possibly a full milltek system. Is that good? Has it been thrashed? Is it mapped? What's the Bhp? =-O advice or reassurance most welcome. Lol

was it a suspiciously good price? :p Seems odd that the Milltek wasn't mentioned, unless it was a P/X and the dealer didn't know the difference.

I think the price was fair for all the extras such as buckets nav and Bose. Its 50000 on the clock so not high mileage. Not sure dealer knew. I'll check all paperwork again. As I say its smooth as you like

Id get it on the rr dyno to see whats she pushing and see what maps on the car ...

That's what I thought. Nearest is Sanspeedin bexleyheath I think who I've heard can be a little funny. Don't think there's any others. Maybe Dartford. Not sure I can be ***** to spend the money as I'm happy with it lol. We'll see.

Seems like you've got a winner there with your car mate! I'm sure I had read there's a way to log data such as boost pressure and compare it to standard to tell if your car is mapped. Someone will have to clarify this because I'm not 100%. If your local RR is a bit funny you could always try that approach.
Or on the off chance it's a revo map, find someone local with an Revo SPS switch who can check if you have revo software.

Thanks for the advice. I don't know anything about Revo apart from they do good maps and give you a switch lol. I'll have to talk to Sanspeed and maybe try and get to AMD. All good though so far I think. Might give the dealer some grief too for not telling me.

that's a full milltek turbo back :D
and also nice spec. love the colour too.
try logging boost if you have someone with vcds. stock should be 1.2 bar peak.

Thanks S my 1.8 tqs is the same colour, wife took a great pic of them next to each other. I don't know anyone with vcds at all, local or otherwise.

Where did you get this car from mate? I looked at a suspiciously similar one near Bromley early last year, if its the same car I may have some info?

Where did you get this car from mate? I looked at a suspiciously similar one near Bromley early last year, if its the same car I may have some info?

It wasn't far from Bromley, in Keston but i think it was in Manchester until early this year, I may be wrong. What do you know?

Ok, so overall I think I'm pleased although shocked about the while exhaust thing. However aside from thinking about pleading ignorance to insurance if it ever comes up am wondering if its been thrashed what problems are there likely to be? Rods? Think they'd be ok. Turbo? Or just clutch? I've had it once it twice where its been a little tricky going into first. And if new clutch what do you recommend? I was looking at the ones on jbsautodesigns. I would source ny own and get it fitted locally. Cheers! Now to avoid the temptation to keep dropping it to hear that noise :-D