Glovebox ipod connecter help?

Peterhendo

Reaction score
Image Okay so i put the ipod into this put it falls out wen driving and it doesent even work anyways do i need a cable or anything??

Does the connector line up ok & assume you're pressing cd on head unit to play?

It goes in but is fairly loose wen i accelerate or brake it falls out and yes pressing cd tried every button nothing happens

"do you need a cable" you mean the one that connects the ipod to back of the headunit? YES

I mean like put one end of cable into the ipod then plug that onto the connector in glovebox

and the connector in the glovebox is connected to the back of the deck?

Regards the falling out bit - from the factory different little plastic adapters came in a bag that were to add pressure fit to different models of iPod - you've got one inserted in the front of the photo which is probably for a thicker, older model.

Could just be faulty unit for the other issue, or no connection from the rear to headunit but I'm sure that would be peculiar...

Yea back of the deck and its the old ipod video

Ipod video should be fine - it's the newer ones that can't be charged etc with that style of iPod adapter

Difficulty is that when its in the slot you can't see the screen to tell if the iPod is doing anything. A successfull plug-in results in the audi logo appearing on the iPod screen. An iPod extension cable would be the way to check that out but sounds to me like a duff audi iPod prep

Get an iPod extension cable off eBay for next to nothing, that's what I had when I had that iPod connection before I changed it to AMI. Make sure it passes audio though as there are lots of data only ones on eBay.