Volks AutosEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NHN

Thread: BKD CAM TIMING

Neutral

Status

BKD CAM TIMING

CANT SEEM TO FIND A THREAD ON CAM TIMING ADJUSTMENT AND I THINK I AM IN NEED OF THIS, HAVING RUNG A FEW GARAGES AND EXPLAINED THAT MY TORSION VALUE IS 6.6 WHICH IS THE PROBABLE CAUSE OF MY JUDDERING AT IDLE, NONE OF THEM SEEM TO HAVE A STRAIGHT ANSWER AS TO WHETHER THEY CAN ADJUST THIS FOR ME, MY MUMS 2.0TDI SB WENT IN FOR A CAMBELT CHANGE AT AUDI AND THE TECH I SPOKE TO HAD NO CLUE WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN I TOLD HIM ABOUT THE TORSION VALUE BEING TOO HIGH ALTHOUGH HE HAD DONE THE TB.
    I READ A THREAD ABOUT A MK5 THAT HAD THIS ISSUE AND AFTER A TB CHANGE HIS CAR WAS JUDDERING AND VERY POOR OF FUEL WHICH IS WHAT MINE HAS DONE, HE ALSO STATED THAT UPON INSPECTION THE BOLTS WITHIN THE OBLONG HOLES THEY WHERE SAT IN DIFFERENT POSITIONS AND SOMEONE SAID THEY SHOULD BE IN THE CENTRE ON BOTH CAMS FOR THE TIMING TO BE CORRECT?? I FOUND A PAGE WITH DIAGRAMS IF WHAT IM TRYING TO EXPLAIN, ALTHOUGH A DIFFERENT CAR, THE CAMS ARE TO ILLUSTRATE MY EXPLANATION, I PLAN TO ADJUST THE CAMS MYSELF AND I WAS HOPING SOMEONE COULD OFFER ME A STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO AND CORRECT ME IF I HAVE WAFFLED ON...REASON I USED THAT 206DIAGRAM IS BECAUSE IN SECTION 6.2 ITS STATED THAT "When the 3 fastening bolts are slackened, the gears are free to rotate (within the limits of the oblong holes) .This type of assembly makes possible :
    • improved accuracy of timing
    • better distribution of belt tension between the different runs"
    http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair...b/b1bbm7k3.htm

1. ON THE LINK, THE DIAGRAM IN QUESTION IS 6.2
    2. ON A BKD..DO I LOOSEN THE 3 SMALLER BOLTS TO MOVE EACH CAMBKD 16v diesel tuning snippets
    3. IF NUMBER (2) IS CORRECT, DO I MAKE SLIGHT ADJUSTMENTS WHILE I CHECK ON VCDS?

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

6th Gear

Status
    THESE guys can set up up for u
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

6th Gear

Status
    if you don't know what your doing don't do it

3rd Gear

Status
    My mates torsion value is around 2.4 and also juddering on his BKD. Although he is pretty sure after the timing belt change its started doing this.

I believe its the cam more next to the front of the car that needs adjusting.

Theres a good guide on tdi forums that gives advice on how to do so.

6th Gear

Status
    torsion value is the front cam and should be 0.5 once this is set u will need to adjust the rear cam to match the front cam by setting the marks up on your flywheel to tdc and pining front cam when u have it at 0.5 then adjust rear cam pin it and tighten up

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You need to lock the cams in place & then you have it as it should be, some garages don't do this & you suffer with loads of issues, of which I did for 2 years until a mate mastertech did a belt change etc & fixed my issues immediately.
    martinivw likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK