anti roll bars

Banwell

previously LeeS3
Reaction score
Does anyone know what size (thickness) arbs the 3.2 runs? front and rear? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Indeed. I'm pretty sure that info is correct, but I have yet to take a micrometer to the actual bars on my car.

I'd love a little more rear roll-stifness. Are you considering changes for your suspension?

Would like to see what the new r32 is running. Last one was 23 front 19 rear (i think), so interesting that the A3 3.2 runs 20/20.

Personally I've been amazed at the handling of the 3.2 so far, so I'd need some good test results before changing anything. (or a more aggrsive set up on the Mrk5 R32 which could be copied?)

Having said that I haven't taken her down any country road twisties just yet..

Oh man, are you in for a surprise. Pushed to the limit, handling is neutral: In fast sweepers, the attitude of the car remains throttle-adjustable. Back off and you get a whiff of oversteer, push too hard and you get understeer.

It's in tighter 2nd and 3rd gear corners that things get a little worse: It doesn't take kindly to massive acceleration before the apex, understeering like a pig. Do it the opposite way, i.e. lift-off on entry for mild oversteer, wait until apex, then stomp on it to get haldex going and before you know it, you've made a nice, subtle, four-wheel drift. ESP off!

But you probably know all this already...

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't take kindly to massive acceleration before the apex, understeering like a pig.

[/ QUOTE ]

And exactly what driving manual tells you to do that!!

Not being funny, you can get the best handling car in the world, but if you drive it like a ****** it will still throw you in the hedge like a 2.8 Capri.

(NOI)