Flashing LED Sidelights

SCFC_Messiah

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just noticed that when I turn my ignition on, despite the lights being completely turned off via the switch, my LED sidelights (bought from Trups) flash on and off in sequence 4 or 5 times before stopping and staying off. Turning the sidelights on via the turn switch works exactly as it should. The only issue is when I first turn on the ignition - they have a mind of their own

Anybody come across this before?

For what it's worth i've just done a long motorway journey with the side lights on for a full 4 or so hours..... maybe they've got really hot and are acting up? Guess I'll have to try them when they've cooled down a bit

No bulb warning lights on dash either

Last edited:
Mine do that. I think the canbus can't believe what's there and has to check a few times.:laugh:

Heh! Laugh

Ok great, as long as it's not a fault of some kind!..... It actually looks quite cool. Knight Rider style :cool:

Mine do that too dw. Its the canbus system scanning everything i believe. If u had normal bulbs it wouldnt happen, but the leds only require 0.5w in comparison to 5 on a normal bulb so u see it flashing.