GREENSTUFF disc pads or the like. Worth it?

WAFTER

Reaction score
Slight brake squeak and suspect new disc pads required. Fed up with cleaning alloys of brake dust. Service is due so is it worth my buying an improve formula disc pad and asking Audi dealer to fit them?

Slight brake squeak and suspect new disc pads required. Fed up with cleaning alloys of brake dust. Service is due so is it worth my buying an improve formula disc pad and asking Audi dealer to fit them?

Mintex 1144 pads would be suitable for road use.

I tried the EBC RedStuff pads and was deeply unimpressed.
Squealed and offered no improvement over stock pads.

I've tried EBC RED, YELLOW, GREEN on various cars and never ever had any form of decent braking with them.

Only semi positive result was when I bought a road car fitted with ECB BLUE (semi-race/trackday). that wouldn't stop the car when cold but were massively impressive when being a "B Road Terrorist" e.g. really hacking the car around on twisty roads..

the green stuff would release break dust. the redstuff was good but warpped my discs in less than 400 miles. try the ferodo ds2500

i quite like pagid fast road pads

Dont buy mintej there the worst pad ive ever used they over heat and become crap at stopping, if they remain cold they are ok but when there hot the pad crumbles away, get brembo pads im running them now they are wicked

Thanks guys at least I know now to avoid ......stuff pads.

I have used all the stuff pads in the past on performance cars over the years and loved them