Fuel Cooler Re-fix Ideas

Roach_A3

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a 53 plate A3 8P 2.0 TDI 140. The front fixing point for my fuel cooler (underside of car, drivers side) has snapped off leaving the unit hanging down at the leading end. I'm trying to think of a way to fix it back up. My plan is to drill through the footwell and bolt it back up. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Hi guys. I have a 53 plate A3 8P 2.0 TDI 140. The front fixing point for my fuel cooler (underside of car, drivers side) has snapped off leaving the unit hanging down at the leading end. I'm trying to think of a way to fix it back up. My plan is to drill through the footwell and bolt it back up . Has anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

This worked but had to remove the trim adjacent to the drivers seat and the accelerator pedal before lifting the carpet to access the hole which you have drilled for the new bolt. I used a M8 x 20mm bolt with washers and a nylock nut. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

I'm having a similar issue, although mine isn't hanging down all the way but if you push it upwards it moves.

Anyone know if there's any easier fix for this?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk