Smoky a3 tomorrow!

OVRA3

Reaction score
Smoke test tomorrow to check for boost leaks anyone had this done? Bring up any surprise boost leaks?

Yes intake pipe wasnt connected to turbo compressor housing and when we connected it the turbo blew up, it doesnt get any worse than that !

Jesus that's not what I wanted hear! Ha ha

Laugh it up lol got hybrid turbo now picked the car up yesterday £1250.00 its cost me fitted for something that should have cost me about £20 max lol (checking leak and pushing hose in place)

I'm scared....

Reactions: TDI140 and Ash187
*arms open offering hugs*

*Tear rolls down eye* its booked for 11 this morning so we shall see what happens convinced that I have a leak somewhere, thinking possibly ic hose... Its not down on power I dont think just noisy boost and not as smooth as it has been.. Will update shortly on the findings.. :)

If its intake hose your car would be jerking when releasing accelerator also made a loud dump valve noise which diesels should not make, but be prepared to fork over cash, like i said i went for a £20 job and ended up spending £1250 lol, but fingers crossed for you mate hope its a minor boost leak not a major one like mine

Well I come back bearing good news... No leaks what so ever all running sweet as a nut bar a slight clutchy smell around the gear box... Here we go again more clutch threads en route!

Great news and well pleased there are no leaks!

If its intake hose your car would be jerking when releasing accelerator also made a loud dump valve noise which diesels should not make, but be prepared to fork over cash, like i said i went for a £20 job and ended up spending £1250 lol, but fingers crossed for you mate hope its a minor boost leak not a major one like mine

I'm sure a suttle "hiss" on let off of the accelerator is completely fine, what else is the actuator actually for

I love that hiss especially in the muti story you'll often her me in the car park before you see me on the beans... lol

Yours is 2.0Tfsi so is different engine to mine but the hiss isnt supposed to be there on the TDI engines as mine has gone now, i think the 2.0tfsi has a standard dump valve/ resirculating valve so thats what it must be on yours

Yours is 2.0Tfsi so is different engine to mine but the hiss isnt supposed to be there on the TDI engines as mine has gone now, i think the 2.0tfsi has a standard dump valve/ resirculating valve so thats what it must be on yours

You couldnt really hear it before the map but since on let off you can hear it much louder and the induction noise since the map is great.. But thats why part of me thought it was a leak... The guy a revo dealer did say hes had loads off tt's back in after their maps thinking the same thing but its just increased induction

Dont know much about the diesels with the new Hybrid it sounds like yours is becoming a bit of a work in progress..

Alsong as no smoke was leaking out of you boost hoses im sure your car is fine mate, plus if theres no jerking whilst driving then there isnt any boost leaks as thats a main diagnosis of a boost leak, plus petrol turbo cars sounds better than diesels and i can say that as im a TDI owner,

i guess it is lol i have spent a few quid on it :-/ lol wont be selling it now so it will stick with me forever

Alsong as no smoke was leaking out of you boost hoses im sure your car is fine mate, plus if theres no jerking whilst driving then there isnt any boost leaks as thats a main diagnosis of a boost leak, plus petrol turbo cars sounds better than diesels and i can say that as im a TDI owner,

i guess it is lol i have spent a few quid on it :-/ lol wont be selling it now so it will stick with me forever

Looked at your signature and reckon you've spent a few quid for sure! Lovely motor think it would certainly give mine a run for its money off the lights torque central

I newrly had a bit of fun against a 2.0T DTM a4 but i backed off due to not running turbo in yet, dont see why i wouldnt keep up with a 2.0T as torque in mine would play a big part but havnt gave it any abuse yet due to wanting to do 500miles before i dyno it and then test the turbo