Stage 2 hybrid turbo fitted running 1.6bar

TDI140

Reaction score
Just got my car back its running smooth still on standard clutch my garage guy said let the turbo run in 500-600 miles then change oil again and he will dyno it and when ive got new clutch he said he will map to 1.7bar as 1.6 bar boost was holding fine in every gear as he drove the car and logged the data, also he said 1.6bar would have got over 200bhp and 1.7bar would be suitable for the turbo also said get a clutch before running 1.7bar as it will cook the clutch

will have dyno results in couple weeks as i want to make sure the turbo has ran in properly

Reactions: J.R.
sounds good but you don't need to run a turbo in they either work or don't ask any decent turbo guys or darkside very interested in final figure and you dyno graph. you got any pics of your forge boost hoses? and what do you think to them?

Always run a turbo in to harden bearings mate cant thrash it as soon as its mounted !, forge hoses are way better than the standard its worth the £157 i paid, they hold boost better and obviously the hose doesn't compress under load as its silicone unlike the standard rubber hoses

Glad you got your car back on the road again.

Did you notice that the hybrid spools up quicker than the oem unit? On my golf the MD376 pulled really well from about 1200rpm and sounded fantastic. Used to drive around with the window down listening to it spool and whistle as it dumped the boost. Was music to my ears.

Get it on that Dastek dyno and let's see the figures - I reckon around the 190-200bhp mark and around 300lbs/ft.

Are the clip fittings better made? Do you also get the seals with them?bearings should not need hardening or anything all parts that are built together to make the turn should be good top notch parts and not need to be hardened run in or bedded in or anything alike. I agree don't thrash it from the off as you should never really do that to any cold turbo.

Deffo need to drive fee hundred miles mate even turbo dynamics recommended that i shouldnt dyno it or drive it hard for about 500miles so im gona do that to be safe,

will dyno asap davc i was runing 175bhp and 309ft lb dynod on standard gt1749 with 49mm compressor and this new turbo is a gt2056 has a 56mm compressor so torque should be way more that 300ft lb im hoping for about 210bhp+ it feels slightly lagy from 1000-1400 then the power just hits me and pulls but i didnt floor it so dont know untill ive done about 500miles, but turbo spools up from about 1200 as i can hear a nice loud spool up, like you said i love the sound as well and so do pedestrians they turn around lol when they hear it

Bigal 23: just swap little o ring seals over to the new hoses but i bought new ones from audi and also i installed catch can to stop oil from getting in the hoses, mine are perfectly dry and always stay dry so im getting the full advantage of the hoses

What catch can did you install? Could you post few engine bay pics up of hoses and catch can please. I carnt seem to find room to fit one

Ill try get some up today, catch can is tied with cable ties at the moment untill i can get a bracket made or something

ImageCheck my other thread for more pics