BOSE upgrade wanted

Peterhendo

Reaction score
Hi guys loving my 2008 audi a3 1.6 petrol thers a few things i want on the car and i own bose systems in my home and would like the speaker kit in my car any suggestions on where to get it fairly cheap who would fit it for me ?? Cheers

Seriously mate, not only is it a ball ache to fit the gains in sounds quality etc are minimal compared to the stock audi system.

From what I've heard, it's a BIG job to upgrade to Bose, worth it imoa.

You have to not only upgrade the speakers but also install/upgrade the amp and sub-woofer and all of the wiring, not easy from what I've heard.

I'm sure there are some guys on here that know more about it than me or have done this themselves.

The bose in my car is horrid, 1% of what you could get from a set of £70 6.5's, a 4 channel amp and a sub and box and autoleads 0 awg wiring kit.

If i was you i would consider getting an after market system in your car as you won't be dissapointed. I have listened to a fair few in car entertainment systems and was expecting so much more from the Bose system.The mid and high end delivery is pretty decent but i find the sub is way too boomy on most songs and I have to manually adjust the bass a lot for different songs as it just gives me a headache after a while,its much worse if your in the back seats. Im considering on upgrading the sub as one member on here has managed to do a stealth install of a JL audio W7 8" ,what is one of the best sub woofers on the market.Obviously you would have to buy a amp and add some extra wiring but it is well worth it in the long run.

hi,
I have got a standard Concert 2 Radio imo sound alright, the only disadvantage is that sub rattles (sounds like cone is gone, but when loud it's fine weird) is it possible to replace the Sub with BOSE one or If fitting aftermarket enclosure do I have to run additional wires as I normally would or just the power and Earth. A bit off topic, although quite close.
Thanks

Make sure you run the RCA leads down a different side of the car to the power/ground wires.

Already said but better off upgrading the system to aftermarket if you are willing to go to the lengths of fitting a bose system.

I had focal components, diamond sub and genesis amps in my old A3. Was an awesome system!!