brakes serious problem

ramp1990

Reaction score
Hi I've had my s3 now a month been cold so had the windows closed now it's nicer had them opem, constant squeaking in town from the front right wheel, tab the brakes they go then come back, when you go over a speed bump sounds like air is escaping somewhere? Like the damper? And the worst thing on the back roads in Wales dnt have to go fast to have fun but when the brakes are warm they vibrate the whole car, steering wheel shakes and the car shakes and have very little brakes , been back to the main stream garage I got It it from having 2 year warrenty, and they say it's fine? They've said twice it's due to the brake pads being very hard? To be honest I don't think they cared much, I kicked up a fuss and have to take a mechanic out in the car and show him? Which I dont mind but I've been there twice in the past few weeks? And I have to get the brakes warm first which would take a few 60 the hard braking up to 60 and repeat a few times will they mind that ? Any help would be great cheers

Reactions: Davjon747
Are you getting any excessive amounts of brake dust on any of the wheels, moreso the ones that are squeaking most?

the air hiss, if it's momentary, its just normal, its the natural sound the shocks tend make over speedbumps

Sounds like your discs are warped you could confirm this with a clock gauge your air escaping is probably normal as your dampers will have covers on them and when compressed they will push air out.
also you could have a ridge on your discs

Last edited:
thanks for the replys, there isnt excessive brake dust on any wheel tbh, i thought that but wouldnt the dealer pick up on that? its not a constant squeak its like e e e e e ha sounds stupid. its not even low speeds does it as 60 just faster. I also thought the old owner might have put on cheap pads and theyve glazed over but ,,, dunno :/

bearing on its way out? may squeak before it starts to rumble

hi after work driving with the window down over speed bumps its more of a squeek then the natural damper sound? my thoughts are bushes??? also brakes are starting to do my head in,,been looking at ebc vented disks and ebc pads what sort of disk pads combo are you running? maybe go bremo pads??

To solve the squeak remove the pads and cover every surface (other than the friction material which touches the disc) in a thin layer of copper slip, also pay particular attention to where the metal backing of the pad sits in the caliper + put a very light coat on the disc hub. Problem solved for around £3.