Chris NottAH Fabrications
    AndyA3170

2.0tdi 170 2008 coolant loss

Hey everyone, losing coolant and just been to the garage. Had a look under on the ramp and it looks like its coming from the bottom corner of the radiator itself, is this a common area for the radiator to rot and leak?
    I've gone down the radweld route till pay day so hoping its temporary fix at best.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    radiator on most VAG cars are prone to this

5th Gear

Status
    I found a leak on my rad bottom right corner i think slowly trickeling, its not a small job to change radiator, first remove bumper then crash bar sensors then crash bar then your at the radiator then remove hoses and get soaked with coolant then plug new radiator in and connect hoses then crashbar and sensors then bumper again, atlesst 4-5 hour job i rekon
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

AndyA3170
    Garage quoted me £320 all in so was going to go with that to be honest. Presumed it was a fair price plus i don't have a garage

5th Gear

Status
    Thats crazy is that including the new radiator ? Radiator on ebay is about £80
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

AndyA3170
    yeah that's all in, radiator, fitted and vat