Loose bumper and wheel arch! :(

revilo

Reaction score
Howdy All,

Had some radiator issues this weekend that involved removal of the front bumper to resolve.
When refitting everything i found a large amount of fixings were damaged/worn, namely the 2cm long fixings that the torx screws fit in.
So i now have loose wheel arches and a loose bumper!

Any idea where i can get these from??

Bonus Question 1,
How should the radiator be fixed to my car? Where are the screw points?
My radiator is leaning into the engine bay at the moment (temporarily fixed with cable ties)..

Bonus Question 2,
What fixings go into the top of the bumper (3 bolts?) as mine have sheared off!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
If it helps, i have a 2005 2.0TDI Sportback

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
If it helps, i have a 2005 2.0TDI Sportback

I replaced the radiator on my 3.2 you have to remove the front bumper then disconnect lights crash sensors etc then remove the cross member (4 bolts) the radiator sits in a sub assembly on rubber bushes and held in by Torx screws from the front the hoses are secured with clips.

You will have to buy new fittings. Are you on about the line where the bumper and wing meets? There is a fitting there that you can pop out and replace.

You will have to buy new fittings. Are you on about the line where the bumper and wing meets? There is a fitting there that you can pop out and replace.

Yes i believe so! Any idea what part number this could be?
I think i also need the expanding nuts for the screws, if you have any ideas where i can get these?

Yes i believe so! Any idea what part number this could be?
I think i also need the expanding nuts for the screws, if you have any ideas where i can get these?

Just found out that you can grab these from Audi for about 80p each! That was easy enough