First mod...full respray!!

Shazza

Reaction score
Hey

i had been here a few weeks ago debating sepang blue or ibis white for my audi a3 2.0 tdi s line.

Its just back from the paint shop and here are the results....

Before...

http://i.imgur.com/GWawduN.jpg

after...

http://i.imgur.com/GSJBzIP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N8yc7FH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X89VucL.jpg

i opted for pearl white. Really happy with the way it turned out. Apologies for iPhone pics. Also not sure wither or not to put the audi badge back on it...I think I do to be honest.

Reactions: Black, BigWillyStyle, Ironborn and 1 other person
Looks good with the pearl effect.
Id say a black Audi badge would suit it nicely.
Any more mods planned?

i have a leather arm rest to fit so just found the instructions on here in a PDF. I also have had my windows tinted and I'm going to get my s line badges put back on along with the centre caps of the wheels as he forgot to spray them! I have purchased some DRL lights that are waiting to get fitted. Didn't realise the bumper has to come off or id have done that whilst in the body shop! Doh! Glad I picked the pearl white was worried it would look creamy coloured but defo not.

looks goo mate, also sepang blue would have looked good as well ;) updates us with pictures for your next mods

Looks like a good job but why the colour change ?

The first one wasn't my car used that as an example...it was a grey colour but not lava grey. More of a blue tinge to it. Wanted a white s line tdi or a blue but didn't see any in my price range. A friend of a friend did this respray at his garage and I got it done for around half price so decided to go for it. Makes it stand out a bit more than the colour it was.

Car looks nice mate :)
Think you should put standard Audi Rings on the back though.

Nice, lovely mate. Need more pictures. Pearl white? Is that an Audi colour? Like suzuka grey (my favourite)

Looks really good! What's next on the list now the minor mods out the way?

I paid £1000 and that included my wheels refurbed as well. I really loved the sepang but didn't want it to look too boyish! Lol.

I think standard silver rings will look best as I don't want to touch the front rings with blk paint. As for mods not sure. Getting some ideas from on here. Got the drls so gunna get them fitted at the weekend n make up my mind if they look ok or not once installed.

Any suggestions for mods?

ill post more pics when it's dry I'm really chuffed how it turned out!

My11 rears would look nice ;)

Reactions: Cozza McA
Nice colour, I would have gone for sprint blue though. Not a fan of black alloys and as mentioned before - change the rear lights to MY11 you will love them!

Car looks smart! Looks like a good job with the painting.

Maybe lower it and spray the wingmirrors black. Oh and maybe take the mudguards off, think it ruins the lines of the car.

I will defo have a look at the rear lights...is it just a straight swap? Also to remove the headlights does the bumper need to come off? Thanks for the comments. Ill take better pics. I'll have a think about the mudguards. I know that lowering it looks great but I've had a lowered car before and the ride was horrible! How is it in an a3 as this is the first one ive had. Had a TT a while back.

Love the A3 in White, looks brilliant!

Looking to change the colour of my 2006 A3 S-Line to white but was unsure if I should go the paint route or wrapping it instead.

Did you go straight for the paint option, did you look into Wrapping?

Pro's/con's - Wrapping Vs Painting anyone?

I just painted it as I only paid £1000 I had a quote of £850 for a wrap so that's the only reason why I didn't consider it!

I will defo have a look at the rear lights...is it just a straight swap? Also to remove the headlights does the bumper need to come off? Thanks for the comments. Ill take better pics. I'll have a think about the mudguards. I know that lowering it looks great but I've had a lowered car before and the ride was horrible! How is it in an a3 as this is the first one ive had. Had a TT a while back.

It all depends on what you go for, springs or coilovers and what price you pay really.

I have coilovers and the ride is fine for me but i do mostly motorway journeys. My A3 is dropped about 65-70mm and i dont mind a few bumps!

I just painted it as I only paid £1000 I had a quote of £850 for a wrap so that's the only reason why I didn't consider it!

I would have done the same thing!

I just getting some quotes on a wrap and paint, see how close they come to each other but would prefer to paint but depends on price.

Thanks for the info.

No probs. does anyone know if you need to remove the front bumper to swap over the headlights?! I'm quite handy with random DIY but not so much cars lol so I'm a bit intimidated by taking the whole bumper off lol!

Yes it is a bumper off job for swapping headlights.
There is a guide on google somewhere, pretty straight forward TBH