a3 2.0 tdi 2006 loss of power white smoke.

dallo

Reaction score
could somebody give me some advice my 06 a3 2.0 tdi seem to give out white smoke some of the time takes ages to get up to temperature.when driving it seems to go a bit then lags then goes again.havent noticed it losing water.read on internet it could be egr cooler or egr valve or oil cooler anti judder valve or even the head gasket any help would be appreciated so I can narrow it down a bit thanks.

White smoke is normally water getting into the combustion chamber but someone with a bit more knowledge will be able to help you diagnose it properly.

The loss of power makes me think turbo!

My car threw out white smoke yesterday after turbo popped

Mine didnt even make the police siren noise it just went within second of changing the intake pipe boot that connects onto the turbo compressor housing as mine was knackered and as soon as i changed it for the new one my turbo blew up at 1500 revs just went bang

What about the ones connected onto the actual turbo housing ? As the one in my picture is the boot that comes onto the turbo intake compressor housing

Where are these located?
only checked the rubber hoses from the intercooler.
now you mention it I have heard a a loud hissing sound when revving the engine.

Had it boost leak checked and was pouring out with smoke right from that hose

I knew it was knackered due to having a dump valve noise which was odd on a tdi and also boost gauge was dropping pressure when accelerating

I knew it was knackered due to having a dump valve noise which was odd on a tdi and also boost gauge was dropping pressure when accelerating
Thanks buddy. I think I've got a bit of that on mine so I'll check it out.