Audi Auto Dimming mirror/Auto Lights/Wipers/CH/LH retrofit

Darren_Teesside_A3

Reaction score
Afternoon Guys,

New to the forum so be nice :laugh:

I'm currently in the process of collecting and installing parts for all the features Auto dimming mirror, auto lights/wipers sensor auto lights switch with coming home.

I've recently visited my local Stealers for the parts and I have ordered the wiring harness from KUFATEC. I currently have Halogen lights on my A3 8P I have ordered the part number 8J2 941 531 E which is the auto light switch for Bi Xenon headlights with CH feature.

What i am wondering is if i fit this light switch at the moment though I am wanting to fit Xenons later would it work or not?

I am not sure if this has been covered before but I am wanting to get all the features installed once I've recieved all the parts so any light shine on this would be apprecaited.

Thanks guys :)

Darren

I'm also currently collecting parts to do this Mod. The light switch will work but CH won't work unless coded and wired right.

Cheers Digzz Appreciate the feedback :thumbsup:

So I'm ok buying the headlight switch for Bi Xenon lights. That's good, would meant me forking out for both Halogan and Bi Xenon until I change the headlights so now It just means changing the lights over at a later date :) I have been researching this for bout two weeks, I have ordered the harness to wire everything up im going to try and do it as close as OEM as possible to the fuse box etc. I understand everything has to be coded in once installed, but with the CH/LH swtich, may sound silly but where exactly is this wired too?

Thanks.

Darren

I'm not too sure on the wiring....But I'm sure somebody like Ash187 or somebody else on this forum will know about wiring...that's if any is needed.

How are you planning to do the height adjustments on the halogen lights ( the little wheel with the numbers on in the light switch)? AFAIK the xenon one doesn't have this as xenon are auto levelling.

How are you planning to do the height adjustments on the halogen lights ( the little wheel with the numbers on in the light switch)? AFAIK the xenon one doesn't have this as xenon are auto levelling.

Thats the only thing im bothered about. Is there any possible way around this other than buying the manual slider leveling auto light switch?

Cheers Digzz Appreciate the feedback :thumbsup:

So I'm ok buying the headlight switch for Bi Xenon lights. That's good, would meant me forking out for both Halogan and Bi Xenon until I change the headlights so now It just means changing the lights over at a later date :) I have been researching this for bout two weeks, I have ordered the harness to wire everything up im going to try and do it as close as OEM as possible to the fuse box etc. I understand everything has to be coded in once installed, but with the CH/LH swtich, may sound silly but where exactly is this wired too?

Thanks.

Darren

I'm not too sure on the wiring....But I'm sure somebody like Ash187 or somebody else on this forum will know about wiring...that's if any is needed.

I'm also currently collecting parts to do this Mod. The light switch will work but CH won't work unless coded and wired right.

Hi Darren & Digzz
Having completed the Auto Lights & Wipers with CH/LH lights Mod last year here is a link to the wiring data I collected prior to doing these Mods. See: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...irror-ch-lh-install-complete.html#post1735898
Hope this helps??

Reactions: J.R.