EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Clunking/Knocking noise coming from front end even after changing drop links!!

iv got a 2008 s3 that was lowered before i bought it. not sure on what but recently ive had a clunking/knocking noise coming from the front left of the car which after a bit of research changed the drop links. the noise is still there and is getting worse! the smallest bump and im getting noises and its driving me insane!! any ideas guys would be much appreciated!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Anti roll bar bushes maybe? They'll knock when you hit bumps if the rubber (or poly, depends what you've got fitted) bushes are worn.

Reverse Gear

Status
    im not sure, the car went into audi for a mot 2 weeks ago and i did mention it but they said theres nothing wrong. it even went for a service lat week and again not a peep!

6th Gear

Status
    i would take a guess at ARB bushes also. Took mine into the garage 4 weeks ago for them to investigate a knocking noise i had on the front which i was only experiencing when going over pot holes. Took it for a road test and it didn't knock at all - no potholes. They then got it up on the ramp and couldn't really find anything obvious except for some very minor play in one of the ARB bushes.

So i booked it in to have these bushes replaced and when they took the old ones off they both had massive holes in them
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

JPK
    1st Gear

Status
    Will likely be subframe shifting, fixed with tyrolsport deadset subframe kit. Or worn strut mounts.
    2005 A3 2.0T DSG Oettinger Body Styling, 19" RS5 Reps, APR Stage 1, Forge Twintake, Remus catback, BSH PCV Fix, 034 Motorsport Mounts, WALK, Whiteline bushings (F&R), Whiteline RSB, Whiteline BSK, Whiteline adjustable end links, H&R Sport Cup Kit, Stoptech Drilled Rotors, Hawk Pads, Tyrolsport stainless lines, Tyrolsport Calliper bushings, Tyrolsport DeadSet Subframe kit.

Foursprung Duck Technik

Status
    I've got the dreaded clunk over uneven surfaces as well and it's doing my head in. The arb bushes are fine so I'm going to try new top mounts and bearings.

If this doesn't fix it is the Tyrolsport Deadset kit available in the UK, or do I need to order it from the US?
    MY'09 S3 Sportback |Gloss Black Mirrors |Buckets |Black Optiks |Open Sky |A good few other bits and bobs

JPK
    1st Gear

Status
    Order from US but shipping is quick. I got mine in NZ within 2 weeks.
    2005 A3 2.0T DSG Oettinger Body Styling, 19" RS5 Reps, APR Stage 1, Forge Twintake, Remus catback, BSH PCV Fix, 034 Motorsport Mounts, WALK, Whiteline bushings (F&R), Whiteline RSB, Whiteline BSK, Whiteline adjustable end links, H&R Sport Cup Kit, Stoptech Drilled Rotors, Hawk Pads, Tyrolsport stainless lines, Tyrolsport Calliper bushings, Tyrolsport DeadSet Subframe kit.

Foursprung Duck Technik

Status
    Thanks mate. Didn't realise you're in NZ! Awesome GTI in the UK stock the ECS Tuning Spacer kit @ just over £14 so I'll probably try that as a much cheaper alternative.
    MY'09 S3 Sportback |Gloss Black Mirrors |Buckets |Black Optiks |Open Sky |A good few other bits and bobs