EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

Light throttle misfire

Some strange goings on this weekend...

Usually,my car starts at the turn of the key but it's started to take a few seconds to start now.
    It turns over like a petrol engine for a few seconds,then starts.
    I've also noticed that when cruising on a very light throttle opening,the car is 'hunting' or 'misfiring'.

Something that did occur to me was that I filled with diesel at a garage that,just a few weeks ago,was at the centre of a 'watery diesel' scare in the local rag (the local Audi dealer had a few break downs),but they claim they had that sorted now.

Could it simply be watery diesel ??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Light throttle misfire

If it is watery diesel, I would fill her up at another petrol station immediately to get as much 'good' fuel in there as possible and hope that this wll mix with the watery diesel enough to prevent any further trouble.

I stopped fuelling at those el-cheapo stations after my parents car had to have the fuel system and carburettor cleaned after getting a tank full of dirty petrol at their local no-name petrol station.

6th Gear

Status

It's one of the busiest BP stations in the city.

I'm not convinced it's watery diesel myself.
    I'm just putting two and two together and getting five,maybe.

I've noticed my DSG downchanges are getting helluva clunky as well so I'll just chuck it at the dealer I think.

Neutral

Status

My understanding is that there is a software fix for this hunting and the stalling when cold.

I experienced both of these, but didn't keep the car long enough to reach the first service.

6th Gear

Status

The car's never stalled when cold.

Just taking a fraction longer to start than normal and 'hunting' a bit on a very very light throttle opening,like trundling along in 40mph traffic.

Lord of War

Status

Do you know what Bowfer me old chummer, I think I might have that problrm. Trundling along at approx 30mph when cold and the wants to go a bit faster or a bit slower, almost like a lumpy tickover, but the gears are engaged and the cars in motion.

My cars in for its first service next wednesday so i'll get them to look into it.

imported_jamesgraham

I think mines got the same problem.Is this just a diesel thing? i've a 2.0 TDI with 9500 miles on . I've noticed if i keep the throtle steady at about 35 40ish there is a slight misbeat, not all the time though. .Also when stopped sometimes the tickover feels a bit dodgy .not so bad that its going to stall but it just doesn't fell right. It's just the last month i've noticed this .

Neutral

Status

I had the "stuttering" (and occasional stalling). First part of my journey was in stop start up to 30mph. I used sport or manual to keep the revs up a bit to try to smooth out.

Autoexpress also reported this on their Golf long termer.

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

My cars in for its first service next wednesday so i'll get them to look into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let us know what they reckon ?
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]