De-Badge or Not?

Lee540

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know how to de-badge.. just contemplating whether to or not?

The A3 and 2.0TDi from the boot lid and the s-line from the front wings.. have many of you done it? I like the clean-ness of de-badged car, I did it to all my previous vehicles.

Have many of you done it?

When I got my car, it was already debadged! If it wasn't though, I'd of done it myself as it looks much better IMO.

I think the majority of people on here have done theirs as well.

Defo do it, debaged mine and dewipered. Clean as u like from the rear.

Defo do it, debaged mine and dewipered. Clean as u like from the rear.

De-wiper really? Suprising how much crap gets all over the rear window on a wet drive out..

De-wiper really? Suprising how much crap gets all over the rear window on a wet drive out..

My rear wiper wasn't working so rather than spend £90 on a new motor, i paid £2 for a grommet spent about an hour doing it myself and happy days. I use rain-x which helps alot with rear view vision but yeh when it gets dirty its an issue but nothing that a quick clean can't sort.

do it mate i did mine looks a lot better, and the s line on the wing i have never liked those

De badge ppl cant tell its an oil burner then lol

Just like everybody else I also prefer just the audi rings on the back and front other then those nothing else. However I don't like the idea of de-wiper.

I have taken the badges including the rings off the back of mine. Looks a lot better.
There was a lot of glue behind the rings though but still only took an hour to do

I dewipered a saxo years ago due to a heavy sound system in the boot. Also had limo black tints. Once you get used to just using your side mirrors, you realise you don't need to necessarily look through the back. Like a van driver.

De badge ppl cant tell its an oil burner then lol

Lol mine had a big dirty 2.0TFSI Quattro badge on the back with a red T. It's much more fun destroying other A3s off the lights without the badges.

I used boiling water to get the badges off and Autoglym tar remover and a plastic ruler in a tea towel to get the glue off. No damage to the paint but my cars 9 years old so you can see a difference in paint colour. I am going to t cut it to see if it makes a difference.

I wouldnt use boiling water IMO! I use dental floss too get behind it and work it off then use a bodyshop toffee wheel (these can be called different names) on a drill at a slow setting, then use Carplan tar remover as i found this to be much better than autoglym

hair dryer and plastic aa membershp card, then meths, then cutting agent, then polish ,worked a treat no damage atall and cant see where they were

granted cutting agent does wonders, especially if you have a dual action polisher, but even plastic will scratch your paint, personally dont use meths, hairdryer yes but be careful

iv allways used meths on any badge residue with no probs whatsoever mate , and the card used carfully as you worm with the hairdryer worked well with no scratches or marks i just used t cut or the like to go over the area as when you first remove the badges you can see the difference in the paint where they were so a good t cut and pollish and no sign

Mine took me 15 minutes, Hairdryer to heat up the glue then prize it off using fishing line, the remaining glue residue i sprayed with APC left agitated a little then rubbed the majority off. Any remaining glue residue i heated up with the hair dryer and rubbed a micro fibre over it and it gripped to the micro fibre and rolled up into small balls. Repeated till all was gone. My car was only 2 years old so there was no difference in colour.

Best method I have used is hot water first to weaken the glue then use dental floss and slowly run it underneath the badges.

To remove the glue use Autoglym Tar Remover works perfectly.

Did mine today, removed A3 2.0 TDI from the tailgate and the S-Line badges from the front wings of my Black Edition. Dental floss with fishing line lube after warming up with a hair dryer, peeling off the remaining badge tape and cleaning off the residue with WD40. Final buff with rubbing compound and job's a good 'un ;-)

+1 debadge.
i've removed badges on front and back, and it looks so much better. liking the sleeper look.