A3 esp and steering lights on after smash

dallo

Reaction score
hi to all new to this forum and hope someone can help.i purchased an a3 with front end damaged bent chassis legs had it all straightened on car-o-liner jig back to within 1mm.when I got the car both esp and dynamic steering lights on.now the car is straight how can I get these off or will they go off on their own thanks.location notts/derby

Have you driven the car as that lights will come up when the battery is disconnected and will clear once driven failing that you will need to have the car scanned.

Welcome mate.

You can get these fault codes cleared by using VCDS which will result in the lights going off the dashboard. Although, they may just come back on when the car is driven if there is an under lying problem.

haven't driven the car yet battery was dead when I got the car so new one fitted.will the lights go off when driven?

You can get these fault codes cleared by using VCDS which will result in the lights going off the dashboard. Although, they may just come back on when the car is driven if there is an under lying problem.
seen I kit on amazon for £37 is it worth buying or shall I go to garage?

Yeh, if the battery's been dead, give it a drive first to see if the lights go. If they don't, best thing is to scan it to clear codes and see what fault codes are coming up.

I wouldn't recommend the cheapo cables you can get off Amazon and eBay, but some garages that use proper VCDS can charge a lot for a 'diagnostics scan' which literally takes 5 mins. Stick a thread up on here and I'm sure somebody local, with VCDS, will help you out for a few beer tokens.

Yeh, if the battery's been dead, give it a drive first to see if the lights go. If they don't, best thing is to scan it to clear codes and see what fault codes are coming up.

I wouldn't recommend the cheapo cables you can get off Amazon and eBay, but some garages that use proper VCDS can charge a lot for a 'diagnostics scan' which literally takes 5 mins. Stick a thread up on here and I'm sure somebody local, with VCDS, will help you out for a few beer tokens.
will give it a go

how far do I have to drive as no mot and it wont pass mot with lights on will it?

not very far, about 100yards as someone mentioned, I disconnected my battery and took off steering wheel etc etc and lights wer eon, drove literally 10m and they turned off.

how far do I have to drive as no mot and it wont pass mot with lights on will it?

your a star it worked only drove down my drive and they disappeared thought it was going to be more expense thanks.