New Audi owner - a few pics of my new car!

powerplay

Grrrr
Reaction score
Hi guys. Recently acquired my New A3. Just discovered this forum and so thought I'd post a few pics...
a31.jpg

a32.jpg

a33.jpg

a34.jpg

No doubt I'll have some Qs to put to all you existing owners, but for now just getting used to driving it!

Stu.

Welcome Powerplay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice wheels!

Cheers mate. Found the wheels as a new option - even my local Audi only saw them for the first time when my motor arrived last week.

Just a bit disappointed you pay big bucks for the top s-line model and they don't even paint the callipers!!

Not sure about the exterior styling kit yet, but your car sure does stand out from the crowd. Nice

Very nice indeed - I think it's one of the best kits available; subtle, understated but adding just that little bit of aggression, and the wheels finish it off beautifully. Only thing I'm not sure of is the black rubber door protector thing I can see in the first pic (assuming my eyes aren't playing tricks and it's a weird reflection).

Now go out, get the engine warmed up properly and give it some welly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I love the clean lines on the rear valance. If that kit had been available when I got my car I would have definitely gone for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice mota! Just realised the front and rear bumpers are different. Is this specific to the S-Line models, or will they be standard fit for all A3s?

[ QUOTE ]
Nice mota! Just realised the front and rear bumpers are different. Is this specific to the S-Line models, or will they be standard fit for all A3s?

[/ QUOTE ]

The front/rear bumpers are what you get with the optional s-line styling pack, along with a (wee) rear spoiler. Personally I quite like the body styling - subtly different to the standard model to show it's a bit special, but not ott.

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers mate. Found the wheels as a new option - even my local Audi only saw them for the first time when my motor arrived last week.

Just a bit disappointed you pay big bucks for the top s-line model and they don't even paint the callipers!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, was gutted when they added the BBS on as an option about 3 months after I got mine. Would have definately had them.

If you decide to upgrade your brakes I'll have your standard ones off you.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What a beauty!

I liked the idea of a red Sportback but whilst I was fannying around making my mind up the bloke over the road went and got one.

Settled with Silver in the end (plus the deal was good!)

Cool car / wheels / styling.

That is stunning, excellent choice of colour and styling.

And welcome to the forum and the world of Optimax. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So what discount do fellow members get at your homepage... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice indeed - I think it's one of the best kits available; subtle, understated but adding just that little bit of aggression, and the wheels finish it off beautifully. Only thing I'm not sure of is the black rubber door protector thing I can see in the first pic (assuming my eyes aren't playing tricks and it's a weird reflection).

Now go out, get the engine warmed up properly and give it some welly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah just what is that black thing on the door??

Nice motor by the way!!

Thanx for the thumbs up!

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah just what is that black thing on the door??

[/ QUOTE ]

The ugh, black thing on the door is nothing more than an innocent plastic door protector. My previous car was black and I had a couple spare so, uh, on they went. Sounds like maybe I should hunt down some red ones tho... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

Sorry......didn't mean to make you feel bad about the "black thing".

Seriously it's a nice motor..........our silver S-Line arrives tomorrow.....canny wait!!

[ QUOTE ]
So what discount do fellow members get at your homepage... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ( powerplaydirect )

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha, well, seeing as you ask, I suppose it's only right I try and oblige...

I've created a one-off discount coupon just for you guys, which will knock £2 off an order of 20 quid or more - you might find it useful, what with xmas approaching etc. To use it just enter the code "AUDISPORT" into the coupon code box during the checkout process. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

But sshhh... don't tell everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

Very nice but I still can't make up my mind about the new front <font color="blue"> </font>

Fair play for the club discount PP.

Any chance of some closeup pics of the front low down, and the spoiler.

Thanks,

TDI/

Great looking car mate,
just a quick question in regards to your headlamps. The assembly of the xenons look different, are they the new bi-xenons that are available.

Enjoy your car.
Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
The assembly of the xenons look different, are they the new bi-xenons that are available.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not entirely sure! I just spec'd the Xenons when ordering, didn't know there was a choice. What would be the difference between "normal" and "bi" ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The assembly of the xenons look different, are they the new bi-xenons that are available.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not entirely sure! I just spec'd the Xenons when ordering, didn't know there was a choice. What would be the difference between "normal" and "bi" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bi-Xenons work on both dipped and main beam.

In the USA the A3 Sportback is available with both Bi-Xenons and Adaptive lights. The Adaptive bit referring to the headlamps that turn with steering to aid vision during cornering at night.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I think these are the bi-xenons. When flicking from dipped to main beam, there is an audible clunk and the actual lights themselves visibly move.

This also brings me to a question, the side-lights are way-dimmer than the daytime running lights, is that normal?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I think these are the bi-xenons. When flicking from dipped to main beam, there is an audible clunk and the actual lights themselves visibly move.

This also brings me to a question, the side-lights are way-dimmer than the daytime running lights, is that normal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they all Xenons in the A3 "move" mine go up and down when the ignition is first turned on in the path with lights on.
Daytime running lights? whats that?

[ QUOTE ]
Daytime running lights? whats that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The switch next to the dashboard illumination brightness, setting for 0 or 1, when on 1 the "Daytime running lights" are on, two small bulbs in the front side-lights. These go out when you turn the lights on, either side-lights or dipped main beam.

[ QUOTE ]

The switch next to the dashboard illumination brightness, setting for 0 or 1, when on 1 the "Daytime running lights" are on, two small bulbs in the front side-lights. These go out when you turn the lights on, either side-lights or dipped main beam.

[/ QUOTE ]

On UK spec cars?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good news, sounds like that Audi are fitting Bi-Xenons now - the 'Clunk' is the servo motor retracting the shutter in that headlamp reflector chamber.

The EU regs that came into place at the beginning of Jan 2002 forced the manufacturers to make Xenon headlamp equipped cars to lower the headlamps to lowest possible position at ignition off - hence seeing them move.

They move up and down to adjust themselves as per the angle the car is at. Nothing more, nothing less and normal xenons do it too - not a bi-xenon thing.

I would without a shadow of a doubt take those 1980s door protectors off !! Sorry !

Wheels are nice, CHs just without the logo and few other bits.

Sorry Mark, I thought I made that clear.....?

The other pertinent bits of the regs back then were that a headlamp cleaning system was mandatory and the high-voltage elements of the headlamps had to permanently disable themselves in the event of an road traffic accident (new headlamp assembly territory). Ouch....

Wasn't talkin about your post...

Some people earlier seemed to think that the 'up and down' movement at ignotion was a feature of bi-xenons.

[ QUOTE ]
I would without a shadow of a doubt take those 1980s door protectors off !! Sorry ! Wheels are nice, CHs just without the logo and few other bits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah kinda agree. Saved my paintwork already tho! Down to Halfrauds tomorrow to try for a set of inconspicuous red ones... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif