Window removal

Robcobras

Reaction score
Hey guys, feeling brave/adventurous/stupid I want to tint my back windows and have a spare day on Thursday to do it. Been a 5 door I thought about taking the glass out going in the house and doing it in my kitchen so can get a decent cut etc on the film. How do I go about getting the glass out? Easy yes/no? Do able job? Anybody done it or know of a how to?

thank you in advance.
rob

I paid to get mine done and it came with a lifetime guarantee and during tinting process he didn't take off any glass.... And the job was spot on.

Be good if u could post pics of the job before during and after Will be interesting to see a home job.:unsure:

Backs aren't going to be bonded in surely they go up and down don't they. I'll take a doorcard off and see if I can get access first I did my fronts on a corsa years back and took these out so I could lay them flat and get nice and clean in a dirt free environment.

I have looked at professionally doing it got quoted 250quid but I thought I'd try my hand at it first for the sake of 30quid and abit of time and patience. I'll take sure pics for a how 2 if I can do it :s. door cards off first then...........

rob

ah sorry missed the s thought you meant rear window

You need to remove the whole window frame and the glass comes out the bottom

Quite a few nuts and bolts to remove as well as the door cards. Can't really think of a step by step how too at the moment, it was over a year ago I did mine, but simply remove door card, remove the window motor 3 bolts iirc and then the various bolts to the black window frame.

Also might be worth pointing out that all the windows are convex and will require the film to be shrunk before fitting.

It took me about an hour to work out how to remove, tint and replace (once dry) the windows to each door