Black Rings

soulsurfer

Reaction score
Website
www.xdents.co.uk
I've seen some cars with black Audi ring badges on the front grill and tailgate, are these available to buy or just painted?

Thanks

i have ebay gloss rings on fron of my a3 about £10 no complaints fit prefect mate

heres my black fk grill with gloss black rings

Attachments

• 20130331_120925.jpg
    20130331_120925.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 235
How do you get the rings off? heard you might have to take the full bumper off to get the grille out to get them off.
I just sprayed mine with some matt paint after hours of rubbing them down but the paints starting to chip so needs re-done again

Buy them off Ebay. I also have a black S3 badge on the back which came from the US......dead cheap aswell and looks the dogz.

I love those black S3 badges, just a pity I have a black car! The Piano black Audi rings look great but I'm not sure I could pull them off on a black car...

go for it! I have black badges and looks great

Attachments

• R90 STL.jpg
    R90 STL.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 162
How do you get the rings off? heard you might have to take the full bumper off to get the grille out to get them off.
I just sprayed mine with some matt paint after hours of rubbing them down but the paints starting to chip so needs re-done again

mine where easy to come off, I got a small flat head screw and prized it off, they are just held on with clips. Don't need to touch the bumper at all.

I did look at prizing it off but didn't want to snapt it so I ended up just masking up the area and spraying them since I had a can of heat resistance spraypaint lying around in the garage. First time I did it only gave it 3 coats and it chipped quite soon after it but done it again last week with about 10 coats of paint and 5 coats of lacquer...should hold up a bit longer this time :happy:

I did look at prizing it off but didn't want to snapt it so I ended up just masking up the area and spraying them since I had a can of heat resistance spraypaint lying around in the garage. First time I did it only gave it 3 coats and it chipped quite soon after it but done it again last week with about 10 coats of paint and 5 coats of lacquer...should hold up a bit longer this time :happy:

you won't snap them if you go easy with it, I got the moulded ones from eBay so they won't chip away. And they seem good quality too. I would hope it hold up a little longer with all those coats mate :icon_thumright: