A3 8P 1.9 TDi Name That Part

moba3

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the name of the part in the picture. Its located at the top of the engine and was making a whistling noise from the rubber gasket,seal underneath. The german based on a google translation warns about it being spring loaded.

Could it be the cause of the Engine management light coming long during a recent trip and a noticeable drop in power (like extra weight was added to the back all of a sudden) until the engine is switched off and restarted after which the power returns and the light is gone, the vagcom reports an "000665 Boost Pressure Regulation p0299 - 000 - Control Range not reached mil on" error

Is this part connected to that error message and would replacing the part in the picture solve my problem?
Finally is it an easy part to source and actually replace if it is the likely cause?

AudiA3CarPart

Complete VagCom Error
000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation
P0299 - 000 - Control Range Not Reached - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11110000
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 2
Mileage: 157732 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2013.04.22
Time: 17:20:37

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2037 /min
Speed: 113.0 km/h
Load: 58.0 %
Voltage: 14.36 V
Bin. Bits: 00000000
Absolute Pres.: 1836.0 mbar
Absolute Pres.: 1377.0 mbar

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0

if it is that. Are they easy to source and fit and does it sound like it could be the cause for the vagcom error reported

Is the leak from the actuator itself as it will be vacume operated the length of the actuator linkage is important if it is threaded it should be set to the same length as the original it is not a big job to do either and it does control your boost and very probably explain the code

It sounded like it was coming from the undeside of the actuator near a rubber seal.
What would be the best way to test this out without causing more damage?

It could be the vacume pipe is split causing a leak and not a strong enough vacume to pull the actuator I would listein for hissing at different engine rpm and visually inspect for leaks.

Any ideas what side of the actuator the vacuum pipe is attached to (as you look at the engine) ?

And is the waste gate also known as a Charger Pressure Control