Manual transmission won't go into any gear

burbank2broward

Reaction score
As the title say's i can't it get into any gear. I can only get to any gears if the engine is shut off. My car will move if i shift into first gear, then press the clutch pedal and start the engine but as soon as the engine have started i can't get into second gear up to 5th gear. The clutch pedal can still be depressed and upon release it will return into original position. Help!!

This all happened yesterday while driving. When I shifted from 3rd to 4th... when I tried getting into 4th nothing happened..... it just got stuck. I got the car towed with audi roadside but have to wait until tomorrow to see what the dealer says.... my car only has 10k miles on it. What do you guys think it can be? A lot of my friends in the scene are saying it might be slave cylinder/hydraulic problem or my TCM (transmission control module).... do you guys think that could be replaced under warranty or am I screwed and have to dish out $$$$ ?? If i have to dish out $$$ that would ruin my AirRide plans before sowo
frown.gif

May be the selector fork which is apparently a known weakness in this gearbox.