Need a favour......not too difficult.......check me a warning lamp in your car.....

Bedders

Reaction score
Hi fellow Audi owners,
Could someone please do me a favour & check their car the next time they start it up?

Does the ESP switch itself light up with an orange light when you turn on the ignition to show the system is working correct & then the bulb then switch off? (A little like the airbag system warning light next to it?)

I'm getting an intermittent ESP chime & warning via the onboard computer that dissappears very quickly when you first turn the ignition on, & just wondering if it's something as simple as the bulb in the ESP switch itself that has blown. Even when the ESP is switched off, the bulb in the ESP switch doesn't illuminate anymore.....I'm sure it used to.... is my mind playing tricks on me?

Thanks in advance.

I can confirm, on my A3 2006 the ESP light lights up for about 2-3 seconds when the car is switched on, then ESP lights then goes out.

I can confirm, on my A3 2006 the ESP light lights up for about 2-3 seconds when the car is switched on, then ESP lights then goes out.

Cheers fella. Fingers crossed it's just bulb that's gone in my switch.

Thanks again

I don't think the button lights up, the dash warning will though.