Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 94
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Just remapped my car myself 140 bkd

  1. #41
    OVRA3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieWebs View Post
    Night JB o/

    Naw best84 if u post u have to accept good and bad m8, I went and looked to see what he had posted before
    +1 it's a forum that's the idea.. It's not all negative just a discussion.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    +1 it's a forum that's the idea.. It's not all negative just a discussion.



    oi i thought you went to bed! james i'm dun wiv this forum. unless somebody will pick apart an engine (including the dealer SSP/Bosch Documentation/Proven work knowledge) and educate me about it i'm not listening. how do i cancel this account?

    i love you but don't ever invite me to a forum again. can't be dealing with testosterone

  4. #43
    RobbieWebs's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    cool!

    a bit like frying an egg, and taking responsibility for salmonella.. engine tuning is a practise, but if you trust your knowledge i don't see much reason for this.


    i can't see a guarantee when (lets take this 140hp diesel for example) they are increasing map areas that were considered 'safe' by the manufacturer. well - this could start a long-drawn out debate on whether people should even be meddling with creation! but thank you for your answer 'wesmaster' i will consider it


    Yes but by going on mikemc posts would u really remap a car that had problems before without finding out why?
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

  5. #44
    RobbieWebs's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    721
    140 bhp for a 2.0 engine is chicken feed. Safe is isnt the word!
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

  6. #45
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    Okay. I remapped James O's 2.0TFSI 200hp AXX engine.


    He had never heard of me. But was in my area contacting several 'known/established' companies, enquiring about tuning his vehicle. Every company he spoke to said to BRING THE CAR IN, YES WE CAN TUNE THIS FOR YOU blah blah...


    I got a phone call from him one day. Before he'd finished his sentence I asked if the cam follwer had been changed (on the older engines they tend to lose lubricity, so better to change and be on the safe side)? Also I ask if he has been back to Audi for the coil pack recall? Has his Diverter Valve been upgraded to the newer version? Is this manual or DSG, and if DSG when was the last service on the gearbox? Has the vehicle been recently serviced, and maintained at Audi (because I inform the Main Dealer when meddling with their cars so it is documented on their system)? I also ask what type of power he is expecting, because many offer up to 60hp Stage 1, whereas I quote 25hp but the dealer is happy to continue working on the vehicle for the rest of its working life. Audi have been informed that James O's vehicle is modified - do any other vehicle tuners do this?



    Now.... If a car showed any problems, or if James O didn't give me a concrete answer, I would take the car in then drive straight to Audi (at his expense) to make sure it is working 100%. To be honest (sorry James O) I actually rang Audi because I want to be 100% certain of a vehicles history.



    They told me it has definitely had the coil pack recall - but they had not seen the car since. I know James O has kept his vehicle maintained with a VAG Specialist in Norwich - and I even know the dealer who he bought it from in Norwich. I had a good enough measure of the vehicle's history before driving up to read his original software.



    Now - regarding a vehicle with problems. HELL NO!!! Take that shít down the block!!! I can't deal with nightmares.


    I had a 'heated' debate with somebody who I consider to be a friend. His car has had some problems - and like most people (idiots) he tried to blame my theory for what had gone wrong. I work on the engine. Should your brakes squeak afterward DON'T TELL ME COS I'LL SLAP YOU!!! Also - if your door doesn't lock two weeks after a remap THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY REMAP AND I WILL SLAP YOU!!! There are other things that result in me slapping people - but this is why I work privately, and have less customers than the competition.


    Anyway. Sod what I do for a minute. To answer your question RobbieWebs it is no and thank you
    Ash187 and Mr. B like this.

  7. #46
    RobbieWebs's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    Okay. I remapped James O's 2.0TFSI 200hp AXX engine.


    He had never heard of me. But was in my area contacting several 'known/established' companies, enquiring about tuning his vehicle. Every company he spoke to said to BRING THE CAR IN, YES WE CAN TUNE THIS FOR YOU blah blah...


    I got a phone call from him one day. Before he'd finished his sentence I asked if the cam follwer had been changed (on the older engines they tend to lose lubricity, so better to change and be on the safe side)? Also I ask if he has been back to Audi for the coil pack recall? Has his Diverter Valve been upgraded to the newer version? Is this manual or DSG, and if DSG when was the last service on the gearbox? Has the vehicle been recently serviced, and maintained at Audi (because I inform the Main Dealer when meddling with their cars so it is documented on their system)? I also ask what type of power he is expecting, because many offer up to 60hp Stage 1, whereas I quote 25hp but the dealer is happy to continue working on the vehicle for the rest of its working life. Audi have been informed that James O's vehicle is modified - do any other vehicle tuners do this?



    Now.... If a car showed any problems, or if James O didn't give me a concrete answer, I would take the car in then drive straight to Audi (at his expense) to make sure it is working 100%. To be honest (sorry James O) I actually rang Audi because I want to be 100% certain of a vehicles history.



    They told me it has definitely had the coil pack recall - but they had not seen the car since. I know James O has kept his vehicle maintained with a VAG Specialist in Norwich - and I even know the dealer who he bought it from in Norwich. I had a good enough measure of the vehicle's history before driving up to read his original software.



    Now - regarding a vehicle with problems. HELL NO!!! Take that shít down the block!!! I can't deal with nightmares.


    I had a 'heated' debate with somebody who I consider to be a friend. His car has had some problems - and like most people (idiots) he tried to blame my theory for what had gone wrong. I work on the engine. Should your brakes squeak afterward DON'T TELL ME COS I'LL SLAP YOU!!! Also - if your door doesn't lock two weeks after a remap THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY REMAP AND I WILL SLAP YOU!!! There are other things that result in me slapping people - but this is why I work privately, and have less customers than the competition.


    Anyway. Sod what I do for a minute. To answer your question RobbieWebs it is no and thank you
    Well thank u that's all that was asked if u look through his past posts he has had probs, anyway I'm away to shoot some yanks on Xbox
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

  8. #47
    RobbieWebs's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    Okay. I remapped James O's 2.0TFSI 200hp AXX engine.


    He had never heard of me. But was in my area contacting several 'known/established' companies, enquiring about tuning his vehicle. Every company he spoke to said to BRING THE CAR IN, YES WE CAN TUNE THIS FOR YOU blah blah...


    I got a phone call from him one day. Before he'd finished his sentence I asked if the cam follwer had been changed (on the older engines they tend to lose lubricity, so better to change and be on the safe side)? Also I ask if he has been back to Audi for the coil pack recall? Has his Diverter Valve been upgraded to the newer version? Is this manual or DSG, and if DSG when was the last service on the gearbox? Has the vehicle been recently serviced, and maintained at Audi (because I inform the Main Dealer when meddling with their cars so it is documented on their system)? I also ask what type of power he is expecting, because many offer up to 60hp Stage 1, whereas I quote 25hp but the dealer is happy to continue working on the vehicle for the rest of its working life. Audi have been informed that James O's vehicle is modified - do any other vehicle tuners do this?



    Now.... If a car showed any problems, or if James O didn't give me a concrete answer, I would take the car in then drive straight to Audi (at his expense) to make sure it is working 100%. To be honest (sorry James O) I actually rang Audi because I want to be 100% certain of a vehicles history.



    They told me it has definitely had the coil pack recall - but they had not seen the car since. I know James O has kept his vehicle maintained with a VAG Specialist in Norwich - and I even know the dealer who he bought it from in Norwich. I had a good enough measure of the vehicle's history before driving up to read his original software.



    Now - regarding a vehicle with problems. HELL NO!!! Take that shít down the block!!! I can't deal with nightmares.


    I had a 'heated' debate with somebody who I consider to be a friend. His car has had some problems - and like most people (idiots) he tried to blame my theory for what had gone wrong. I work on the engine. Should your brakes squeak afterward DON'T TELL ME COS I'LL SLAP YOU!!! Also - if your door doesn't lock two weeks after a remap THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY REMAP AND I WILL SLAP YOU!!! There are other things that result in me slapping people - but this is why I work privately, and have less customers than the competition.


    Anyway. Sod what I do for a minute. To answer your question RobbieWebs it is no and thank you
    im sorry but with calling everyone idiots it's easy to see why ur not well known!if I took my motor round to u and ur attitude was the same I wouldn't leave it there.
    Surely that's the comeback with going with someone insured?
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

  9. #48
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieWebs View Post
    im sorry but with calling everyone idiots it's easy to see why ur not well known!if I took my motor round to u and ur attitude was the same I wouldn't leave it there.
    Surely that's the comeback with going with someone insured?

    I didn't join this site for custom - you have forum sponsors. For your information, I live comfortably, my wardrobe speaks for itself. I wake up when I want. I work when I want (BMW E92 335i tomorrow, Seat Leon Cupra Tuesday, another Leon next week). Astra 1.9cdti 150hp yesterday, VW Golf MK5 R32 on Friday, Ford Mondeo 2.2tdci 155hp and Renault Megane 225hp Thursday...


    Please take my words lightly. I speak mostly in jest - you may not get my humour. This is about a 2.0TDI 140hp car, not me. I simply offered to give opinion on the work done.

    This would've made ALL of the interested parties - or people who THINK they are knowledgeable on the subject some 'inside info'. I am happy to share what I have learnt. But you speak with arrogance? I do not want to tune your engine. Secondly, I do not have the equipment to tune your engine (Bosch EDC17 more than likely).


    I merely offered to look at an Engine/ECU that I understand. Thank you for your words RobbieWebs

  10. #49
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    I would care if Rail Pressure was increased over stock in this engine, personally.

    If this engine is 2.0TDI 140hp standard Rail Pressure is set to 1600bar and many STUPID companies increase this, using it as an easy way to increase power. 1600bar is around 24,000psi! Do you think this is reasonable method of tuning
    Well Mikes happy with it on his car so what's the problem ?
    No I wouldn't have thought it'd be a good method but its his car so my input is if he's happy then fair play to him.
    You pays your money...


    ps we have a swear filter for a reason

  11. #50
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Well Mikes happy with it on his car so what's the problem ?
    No I wouldn't have thought it'd be a good method but its his car so my input is if he's happy then fair play to him.
    You pays your money...


    ps we have a swear filter for a reason

    Yes, apologies for swearing. And you are right - he can enjoy the car... You are correct.


  12. #51
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    Yes, apologies for swearing. And you are right - he can enjoy the car... You are correct.

    And if it does go kaput then we can all collectively say its your own fault

  13. #52
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    Lol, couldn't care less its just a diesel - so again, you are right


    Its all about Petrol Turbo these days... MSD80/MED9.1/MED17 etc..

  14. #53
    RobbieWebs's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    721
    It's all good banter, no offence intended
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

  15. #54
    Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.'s Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stockport, Cheshire
    Posts
    748
    The sad thing here is blacksmoke are essentially ripping people off by supporting the use of fake cables on ebay.

    We only charge £200 for a stage 1 custom map on a 2.0TDI PD and for that everything is done by the book and not using cracked software and ripped off cables.

    Rick
    NHN, martinivw and sliced like this.
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

  16. #55
    Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.'s Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stockport, Cheshire
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Well Mikes happy with it on his car so what's the problem ?

    Do you realise that the owner of this forum is a stakeholder in the company that develops the equipment that is being pirated to write these maps?

    Rick
    NHN likes this.
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

  17. #56
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. View Post
    Do you realise that the owner of this forum is a stakeholder in the company that develops the equipment that is being pirated to write these maps?

    Rick
    Wow

  18. #57
    RobbieWebs's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    721
    £200 quid is a nice price for a remap, I thought it would be more expensive.
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

  19. #58
    Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.'s Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stockport, Cheshire
    Posts
    748
    Price is related to time and complexity, and PD's are less complex than say TFSI engines
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

  20. #59
    TDI140's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,329
    Lol this is jokes just let the guy map his car by himself its up to him and everyone else who doesnt want to map there cars themselves then go an dpay for a map sheesh ! Lol
    why argue over someone elses car
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

  21. #60
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    Bring on the TFSI 'war' :P


    I put down 192hp standard software/245hp 280lb/ft modded software last week on Dastek Dyno with 2.0TFSI 200hp 'DSG' <-- automatic very hard to show 'brake' power on rollers - and this vehicle has had a 'slight' increase yesterday. 100% standard engine. No physical modifications.


    There are people who's Stage 1+ is 300hp on this engine! Its insane what can be done.


    PD engine is not difficult, you are right. Very similar to the older 2003 'shape' Audi A3 PD engines.


    Regarding this 'discussion' - I checked his software. Although percentage changes - it doesn't look too bad (reading raw binary - I didn't create a full map pack with definitions). He's gone from 1.35bar max boost to around 1.44bar ish. Throttle is around 440NM - can't remember what it was originally. There are some fuelling changes and a small area raised by 16% equally across which looked like EGR Hysteresis.

    Turbo Diesel engines dont mind ham fisted tuning. I was out at cinema, then used a friends laptop with 'demo' WinOLS to compare his ori and mod before throwing away. I don't think this software will break his car - but I would rather the actual Drivers Wish (throttle) and main NM limiter were changed in Newton Metres and not percentage.

    Doesn't matter - just means the file 'modder' doesn't understand the information in binary, so does the easy increase in percentage instead of in numbers of torque. Same across fuelling (percentage changes) and boost. Which is represented in mbar. If any tuner cannot see this he doesn't understand basic software. Probably did a £500 remapping course and has ECM Titanium or Race 2000 for software tuning.

  22. #61
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    216
    Your never going to get a thumbs up on here and many other forums, most of them are either in some way owned or sponsored heavily by remapping companies, it is not in their interest to promote self mapping.

    Now I dont want to get done for slander here but I can tell you 90% of these garages where you go with their fancy rolling roads do not actually map the car to its individuality, they load a "generic" map for that model or in best case scenario, that engine. Hence why everyone makes different figures.

    However by self mapping you are putting yourself at risk to software corruption and might not have the expertise to fix it - what if your laptop locks up mid flash, etc.

    If it cost £50 I would be inclined to do it, but for a £100 saving minus the cost of the cable, there is simply no point in not going to a garage for a generic remap, because they have liability insurance and you dont.
    sliced likes this.
    2008 A3 1.8t FSI Sportback S-Line - Avus Silver - Full spec.

  23. #62
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Just north of Durham
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post

    Regarding this 'discussion' - I checked his software. Although percentage changes - it doesn't look too bad (reading raw binary - I didn't create a full map pack with definitions). He's gone from 1.35bar max boost to around 1.44bar ish. Throttle is around 440NM - can't remember what it was originally. There are some fuelling changes and a small area raised by 16% equally across which looked like EGR Hysteresis.

    Turbo Diesel engines dont mind ham fisted tuning. I was out at cinema, then used a friends laptop with 'demo' WinOLS to compare his ori and mod before throwing away. I don't think this software will break his car - but I would rather the actual Drivers Wish (throttle) and main NM limiter were changed in Newton Metres and not percentage.

    Doesn't matter - just means the file 'modder' doesn't understand the information in binary, so does the easy increase in percentage instead of in numbers of torque. Same across fuelling (percentage changes) and boost. Which is represented in mbar. If any tuner cannot see this he doesn't understand basic software. Probably did a £500 remapping course and has ECM Titanium or Race 2000 for software tuning.
    As with all threads I've just sat in the wings and waited for peer review, as with other maps of ours which have ended up on tuning specific forums its good to see that after the initial flaming it turns out our maps aren't too bad after all. Thanks for that!

    I'm never going to say that our maps are better than others but after watching a local "tuning specialist" remove an ECU anti-tamper bracket with a crow bar and then take 5 hours to bench flash a mk5 golf Tdi I knew that there is definatly a market for reliable maps and good honest customer services (not punching people in faces haha) which is why I set up the website.

    All map packs used are from a really well established company with their own rolling roads (sorry no names) who I personally contacted and offered a low cost outlet of maps without devaluing their core business of custom tuning.

    It was decided to offer maps at a % lower performance than what is realistically achievable as the customer is in charge of making sure their car is ready for a remap. Almost like handing a blunted knife to a child, there is so much less risk.

    Over the last 3 years it has been a nice tick over business where I personally have never advertised, every map sale has been due to word of mouth or forums such as ASN. I personally understand the VAG Tdi ECUs as well as live data logging and fault finding cars where others including dealerships have just given up or don't have the knowledge. As I'm Tdi through and through, I stick to what I know.

    I would also like to make 1 thing clear, I have a link on my website to the genuine leads and software. I don't endorse the use of clone leads. People who want to keep remapping cloak and daggers would never supply maps un-encryped or tell you how easy they software is to use. Our maps are sold to DIYers and "professional map pushers" who want to offer customers a reasonable map without the usual £80-120 paid to the company they are a slave to.

    For me this is what I believe people should spend when remapping:
    £0 - time taken and free software like edc15suite can get a map to work, lots of websites offer guides and people offer to review your own map before writing it to a car.
    £5 disc off eBay - kaaaboom!!! Maps might be ok or may be blow your engine up in 5 seconds.
    £45 from us. Reliable map with a step change in performance and slight improvement in MPG.
    £100-200 man in a van - totally dependant on the maps they buy.
    £150-200 remap with company who has no rolling road - same result as man in a van.
    £150-200 remap with a company who specialise in your car - maps created by them but for people on a budget.
    £200-500 remap with or without RR - if they do what you wanted then you will defend your purchase over hot coals.

    The expectations should always be set out right at the start.

    good night!

  24. #63
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    833
    tbh after watching R-Tech and niki create maps, I would only ever go to him for this sort of thing.

    I have nothing against a generic file and respect what they are, but I would rather have someone take a few hours tweaking and customizing a map to my car to get the best out of it, than run a generic map. But that is just who I am I like my engine running at its best.
    OVRA3 and sliced like this.

  25. #64
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by aham_uk View Post
    As with all threads I've just sat in the wings and waited for peer review, as with other maps of ours which have ended up on tuning specific forums its good to see that after the initial flaming it turns out our maps aren't too bad after all. ...

    good night!
    you may find you get more respect by defending those who are criticised for using your products, rather than sit in the wings allowing it to continue. Your late entry into the topic only serves to defend your company and its wares, with no thought for the OP.

    Whilst you make your cause sound noble, your actions speak volumes.

    my £0.02p
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  26. #65
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Just north of Durham
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemc View Post
    Remapped my motor last night, using a map from blacksmoke.co.uk

    The power it delivers was smooth all the way upto red line, and it just keeps going through the gears.

    Awesome map and would recommend one! Cost me 70 all in, only downside would be maybe of you was going stage 2 on yours then obviously a generic map won't suffice
    The OP has no concerns, if he had I would have told him to share his files openly on a tuning specific website for peer review.
    People who have a vested interest keeping remapping behind smoke and mirrors are the only ones who spoke out.

    There are many good companies who pay for advertising on ASN and I don't blatantly advertise because of it, if I had come on and said "yes it's great buy from me" I would appear arrogant and the thread would be misconstrueded as a sales pitch and probably deleted.

    damed if you do...

  27. #66
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by aham_uk View Post
    As with all threads I've just sat in the wings and waited for peer review, as with other maps of ours which have ended up on tuning specific forums its good to see that after the initial flaming it turns out our maps aren't too bad after all.

    Please re-read. I never said this was professional tuning.

    You are doing what everybody else is doing - which is cool. And using the tuning industry to make ££££. Good on ya - I think you should continue if it makes you happy. But you have no understanding of the engine - simply passing on somebody else's ''theory''. But hey - aren't the big companies doing just that?


    So. As much as I commented on your work - I haven't created a map pack to give full opinion on this. I think one of the 'areas' must have the axis changed/realigned to increase actual torque anyway. Until I sit and read through your ''theory'' properly I cannot pass judgement.


    Either way. I doubt this will break a car. It would be interesting to see what you are giving to BMW/Opel/Newer tech VAG, but if you were destroying cars, you wouldn't be in business. So I wish you luck!


    You can have the diesels. They aren't as interesting to me. Just picked up a 1.8T with KO4 to play with today...


    SHOULD ANYBODY WANT VEHICLE TUNING. STICK TO THE FORUM SPONSORS. THEY ARE ALREADY DOING A GOOD JOB.

  28. #67
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    68
    I have seen some good reviews on other forums about the remaps from black smoke, it would be nice to see some figures for the 140 how does it compare to a Revo map.

  29. #68
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    We get the car. Read the original software.

    Email 'various' companies for their tuned version and strap the car to a Rolling Road.. measure the original software vs everybody else's. See what happens.



    knackered - just watched Iron Man 3. Goodnight/Morning
    sliced likes this.

  30. #69
    sliced's Avatar
    Drive safe, stay alive.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    We get the car. Read the original software.

    Email 'various' companies for their tuned version and strap the car to a Rolling Road.. measure the original software vs everybody else's. See what happens.



    knackered - just watched Iron Man 3. Goodnight/Morning
    how does it compare to the previous two movies?? Recommended?
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

  31. #70
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    RETFORD, NOTTS
    Posts
    1,749
    Can somebody here remap my car so I can blame them for my flywheel chatter n brake squeel?! Lol this threads bs.
    harvz likes this.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

  32. #71
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    I'm not gonna lie. I didn't enjoy the film Sliced...


    Any cheesy dialogue. The CGI was obviously good, the fighting bits was alright, nice explosions (IMAX) but bwoy... I wouldn't bother. If you wanna see a good film go watch Spring Breakers then gimme some feedback. It'll surprise you. And the soundtrack is SICKKKK I got the album already!

    Olympus has Fallen - sick film. There's a few others out atm - I'll prob watch summat else today (that bank robber one) and let ya know :D






    well... this topic has taken a tangent!
    OVRA3 and sliced like this.

  33. #72
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    A Place Beyond the Pines


    go watch that! I see it today (even though my eyes still burn from yesterday's double bill at Cineworld)

  34. #73
    harvz's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    60
    'balls of steel....

  35. #74
    sliced's Avatar
    Drive safe, stay alive.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I didn't enjoy the film Sliced...


    Any cheesy dialogue. The CGI was obviously good, the fighting bits was alright, nice explosions (IMAX) but bwoy... I wouldn't bother. If you wanna see a good film go watch Spring Breakers then gimme some feedback. It'll surprise you. And the soundtrack is SICKKKK I got the album already!

    Olympus has Fallen - sick film. There's a few others out atm - I'll prob watch summat else today (that bank robber one) and let ya know :D






    well... this topic has taken a tangent!

    just came back from watching it, wow fml I love tony stark lol
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

  36. #75
    Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.'s Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stockport, Cheshire
    Posts
    748
    I still need to see Iron Man 2 - loved the first!
    sliced likes this.
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

  37. #76
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    The first one was the only good one in my narrow opinion

  38. #77
    sliced's Avatar
    Drive safe, stay alive.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. View Post
    I still need to see Iron Man 2 - loved the first!
    Oh my, you need to watch the avengers aswell if you haven't seen that already!
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

  39. #78
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155
    Avengers Assemble - heavy film!


    We finally agree on something Mr Sliced :D

  40. #79
    wuta3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester/Sheffield
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemc View Post
    ... explained that his maps are developed and tested on an RR by a friend his or something
    Sounds legit.
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

  41. #80
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    155

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. just got my car remapped
    By matthew999 in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th March 2012, 09:17
  2. Car just remapped and feels crap
    By L3WJX in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14th February 2011, 22:59
  3. just go my car remapped
    By S3-kitch in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22nd February 2008, 13:51
  4. Just had my car...
    By Jonc in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th August 2004, 20:36
  5. Wheels and Bodykit Arrive. Just Need The Car Now !
    By Wish in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd January 2004, 14:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO