EM TuningVolks Autos
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,314

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook

    Question K03 to K04 conversion

    HEy guys i just wanted to confirm if anyone can help me confirm part numbers for a A3 2.0 TQ 2007 to S3 conversion

    im lookiing at a K04 Turbo though not sure of the number if anyone can pass it on it me ?

    i have a part number but not sure of it : 06F145702C

    S3 injectors : 06F998036F ??


    if anyone can help or on firm the K04 number it would be great


    along with a LOBA pump .....

    LOBA Motorsport 2.0 TFSI High Pressure Fuel Pump Upgrade - GNJ Motorsport


    i was wondering though if i should just fit RS4 injectors instead as im hopping next year to slap on a 3071 or 3076r (when funds permit)

    this forum is cancerous to your bank account :P

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,314

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    anyone ?

  4. #3
    olethalb's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    314
    maybe some info on my DTM thread, but can't see pics on this PC

    s3 injector is 'F' but if you're planning on going BT it's up to you if you go RS4 now or later

    you'll also need TB hard pipe with DV take off

    DV flange

    recirc pipe to tip

    tip with port to recirc air from DV

    maybe s3 intercooler

    some info here

    Google Image Result for http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/Misc/Misc_Performance_pictures/TFSI-images/JKM%20K04%20pics/discharge_big.jpg

  5. #4
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,314

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    cheers for the reply olethalb

    yeah im aware of the other bits and bobs still need to find some where to get the the pipage from really but i just wanted to get the main parts ready... so i get the part numbers i can just go ahead and get them ordered as everything taken time to come from the UK to Oz. sadly

  6. #5
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    HEy guys i just wanted to confirm if anyone can help me confirm part numbers for a A3 2.0 TQ 2007 to S3 conversion

    im lookiing at a K04 Turbo though not sure of the number if anyone can pass it on it me ?

    i have a part number but not sure of it : 06F145702C

    S3 injectors : 06F998036F ??


    if anyone can help or on firm the K04 number it would be great


    along with a LOBA pump .....

    LOBA Motorsport 2.0 TFSI High Pressure Fuel Pump Upgrade - GNJ Motorsport


    i was wondering though if i should just fit RS4 injectors instead as im hopping next year to slap on a 3071 or 3076r (when funds permit)

    this forum is cancerous to your bank account :P
    I'm useless with part numbers but there are a few things you need to take into account if you're thinking of a big turbo.

    Firstly,the S3's con rods are tougher than the standard 2.0 rods,and you would need to be thinking of an engine rebuild before going near a GTX3071 or 3076.

    The mapping is injector specific as far as I can remember,so you can't just stick in a set of RS4 injectors,and expect it to work properly either.

    The LP fuel pump would also need to be looked at,as even the S3's pump runs out around 440bhp,and I don't know what the 2.0's pump is good for,but the USP Motorsports uprated pump and maybe auxiliary pump would deal with that.

    USP Motorsports Stage 3 auxiliary Low Pressure Fuel System

    These guys are very quick,very helpful and have loads of useful parts.

  7. #6
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,314

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I'm useless with part numbers but there are a few things you need to take into account if you're thinking of a big turbo.

    Firstly,the S3's con rods are tougher than the standard 2.0 rods,and you would need to be thinking of an engine rebuild before going near a GTX3071 or 3076.

    The mapping is injector specific as far as I can remember,so you can't just stick in a set of RS4 injectors,and expect it to work properly either.

    The LP fuel pump would also need to be looked at,as even the S3's pump runs out around 440bhp,and I don't know what the 2.0's pump is good for,but the USP Motorsports uprated pump and maybe auxiliary pump would deal with that.

    USP Motorsports Stage 3 auxiliary Low Pressure Fuel System

    These guys are very quick,very helpful and have loads of useful parts.

    hey Alex cheers for the advice... however i was aware of that hence why going for the K04 for this year as i dont fancy a change of rods and pistons.....

    the build was going to be the following

    Miltek full Turbo back System 3" DP 200 cell cat etc...

    THS FMIC

    LOBA motorsport fuel pump

    B7 RS4 injectors

    K04

    Loba clutch/ flywheel

    .. as for the map.. basically if not mistaken your telling me that when i take it say to REvo or the likes they wouldnt be able to map it and as such would need a custom map ? if so then i might know i a guy that my just well do that for me ... i just dont want to spend the $$$ twice really "too much of it that is.."

    also for some reason S3 injector or pricier then bloody RS4 injectors DOUBLE the price so its a no brainer and double whammy...

    my old 8L S3 had a gtx3076r so im not new to this either :P

  8. #7
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,314

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    btw forgot to say big thank you for the website they have some nice prices

  9. #8
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    hey Alex cheers for the advice... however i was aware of that hence why going for the K04 for this year as i dont fancy a change of rods and pistons.....

    the build was going to be the following

    Miltek full Turbo back System 3" DP 200 cell cat etc...

    THS FMIC

    LOBA motorsport fuel pump

    B7 RS4 injectors

    K04

    Loba clutch/ flywheel

    .. as for the map.. basically if not mistaken your telling me that when i take it say to REvo or the likes they wouldnt be able to map it and as such would need a custom map ? if so then i might know i a guy that my just well do that for me ... i just dont want to spend the $$$ twice really "too much of it that is.."

    also for some reason S3 injector or pricier then bloody RS4 injectors DOUBLE the price so its a no brainer and double whammy...

    my old 8L S3 had a gtx3076r so im not new to this either :P
    Hi Sevv,

    Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the possible problems,but as you've done it before,you'll be fine!

    I think that giving Revo a call is a very good idea first,just to confirm or deny what I've said,and the guys at USP were very helpful to me when I was doing the BT part of my car.

  10. #9
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,314

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Cheers mate ill give them a call come monday if it needs a custom map ill give recode a call here in oz they custom maps... rs4 injectors shouldnt cause too much of a problem though i take it...?

  11. #10
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,314

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Cheers mate ill give them a call come monday if it needs a custom map ill give recode a call here in oz they custom maps... rs4 injectors shouldnt cause too much of a problem though i take it...?

  12. #11
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    Cheers mate ill give them a call come monday if it needs a custom map ill give recode a call here in oz they custom maps... rs4 injectors shouldnt cause too much of a problem though i take it...?
    It's a matter of allowing for the different fuel flow rates for the two injectors,so it should be simple enough for a good coder.

    Best of luck,and hope you enjoy it!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Parts quote for a K04 conversion
    By martziniuk in forum Parts Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st January 2012, 23:07
  2. some info needed (k03 to k04?) TURBO!
    By gussyldr in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23rd June 2011, 23:48
  3. some info needed (k03 to k04?)
    By gussyldr in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th June 2011, 20:04
  4. K03 to K04
    By Dvfreeman in forum General Technical / How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th January 2011, 16:53
  5. K03 to K04..... What do i need?
    By SilverSaloon in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th April 2009, 07:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO