New to the forum

S3_Tim

Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to audi-sport.net and want to say hi to everyone. I am not new to the car game or forums in general, I previsouly owned a Seat Leon Cupra R 05 plate - endless list of mods that got the 1.8T 225bhp BAM engine to 280bhp and 313lb torque. This has sadly been sold :( but I am now looking to own a fully loaded 3dr S3 (8p)

A few pics of my LCR;

Also guys - if you could point me in the right direction to a decent build thread or a comprehensive list of "must do" mods for the S3 8P this would be higher appreciated! I like to do my research first!

Welcome to the forum. Nice LCR. loads of useful info on here. Have a look at the stickies.

Must do mods are remap (stage1,2,2+) and springs. :)

Also guys - if you could point me in the right direction to a decent build thread or a comprehensive list of "must do" mods for the S3 8P this would be higher appreciated! I like to do my research first!

it depends what you're chasing most people get the miltek full turbo back exhaust system Dp cat etc...

REVO CAI

uprate to the revision version of the DV not sure what it is though

coilovers ARB's

LED bulbs....

autotek uprated fuel pump .... list goes on...

if u check S3Alex's thread he has a 3071 build

Nice seat mate. But you can't beat an s3. Good hunting. :scared2: There great cars but modding becomes expensive and addictive.

Thanks for the comments guys - I have been looking at some decent build threads - 15degrees race car thread... wow! Also had a look through S3Alex's thread too.

I have the modding bug as all my cars have been modified (Focus 1.8 zetec mk1 - dropped an ST170 engine in plus loads of mods like bodykit, seats etc.. more fast & furious / pimp my ride than subtle and nice like the LCR)

I am looking to speak to knowledgeable people with regards to:
Induction kits (seen the AMD one, looks great but also like the forge twin intake)
Intercooler - upgrade the existing one? or keep it? (is it a FMIC standard?)
Mounts - engine mounts and dogbone mounts
Bushes - polys all round or what?
ARB's - what ones do they have as standard or upgrade these, if so to what?
Strut braces
Brakes - what are they standard? (LCR had 4 pot brembos big discs)
Exhaust - i will go resonated all the way as my cobra non res for the LCR was too loud - miltek the only or best option?
DV - what are the options?
Software / remap - i had REVO stg 2 on the LCR loved it (linear)
other "must do mods" (on the LCR it was the rear wiper blade to the Fabia VRS one!) that sort of thing.

Cheers guys

Induction kits (seen the AMD one, looks great but also like the forge twin intake stick to Revo best gains by far solid build too

Intercooler - upgrade the existing one? or keep it? (is it a FMIC standard?) yes it is an FMIC, i think you can go THS FMIC but that will cause more lag as you have lower pressure "IF" you plan on retaining your K04 if not then yes upgrade to the THS cooler

Mounts - engine mounts and dogbone mount go for VF engineering best mounts by far, got them fit last week they are just perfect

Bushes - polys all round or what?depending on the mileage really, im dong my suspension going for Bilstien b16 PSS9's with superpro cross members... Audi TT top mounts and bearing change ur sway bar links while ure at it along with ball joints

ARB's - what ones do they have as standard or upgrade these, if so to what?H&R rear sway bar 26mm dont get the front ARB will cause you issues.
Strut braces dont think there are any really
Brakes - what are they standard? (LCR had 4 pot brembos big discs) think they are 2 pot pistons

Exhaust - i will go resonated all the way as my cobra non res for the LCR was too loud - miltek the only or best option?, Best Bang for your buck really , there is super sprint but they are big money

DV - what are the option? think the forge is just noise really , just get the revision 'D' OEM if not mistaken

Software / remap - i had REVO stg 2 on the LCR loved it (linear) stick to them or AMD

other "must do mods" (on the LCR it was the rear wiper blade to the Fabia VRS one!) that sort of thing. LOBA motorsports fuel pump

im sure some one else would shed more light for you really as i come fro the S3 8L side of things

Sevv thanks for the info, it will be good to see who else thinks the same and good to hear other options. You come from the S3 8L side - the same as my past, the Leon Cupra R BAM 1.8T engine... although mine was FWD not 4WD

Sevv thanks for the info, it will be good to see who else thinks the same and good to hear other options. You come from the S3 8L side - the same as my past, the Leon Cupra R BAM 1.8T engine... although mine was FWD not 4WD

yeah much loved it was a 2.1ltr gtx3076 r 1200ccc injectors 28 PSI front and rear LSD i miss it soooooooooooo much im actually contemplating buying one again

yeah much loved it was a 2.1ltr gtx3076 r 1200ccc injectors 28 PSI front and rear LSD i miss it soooooooooooo much im actually contemplating buying one again

WOW! what was this running figure wise? I spent a bit getting mine to 280bhp and 313lb couldnt imagine the time, effort and money it costs to do something like that!

I would love to go big turbo etc.. on my S3 (when I get it) but I think the fact that you can get to around 340bhp - 360bhp (educated guess) with the KO4 on the 8P S3 I will get to that stage before thinking about BT.

20120922 110302
WOW! what was this running figure wise? I spent a bit getting mine to 280bhp and 313lb couldnt imagine the time, effort and money it costs to do something like that!

I would love to go big turbo etc.. on my S3 (when I get it) but I think the fact that you can get to around 340bhp - 360bhp (educated guess) with the KO4 on the 8P S3 I will get to that stage before thinking about BT.

660hp at the crank with meth it and revved up too 9500 rpm with supertech . and ported head much better flow its was a base AMK 210 engine the buildon its own cost me 10 grand AUD that is awseomegti did the build for me and sent the engine to oz. ... thats not counting the box suspension and brakes.... and other little bit and bobs

View attachment 14430

660hp at the crank with meth it and revved up too 9500 rpm with supertech . and ported head much better flow its was a base AMK 210 engine the buildon its own cost me 10 grand AUD that is awseomegti did the build for me and sent the engine to oz. ... thats not counting the box suspension and brakes.... and other little bit and bobs

:w00t: thats amazing. good work mate.