Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sliced

Thread: Huge dump valve noise on tdi 140 when i release accelerator under 2200 revs in any ge

5th Gear

Status

Huge dump valve noise on tdi 140 when i release accelerator under 2200 revs in any ge

When im driving my 2.0tdi bKD audi a3 and i release the accelerator under 2200 revs to either change gear or brake i get a huge dump valve sort of noise i have checked all my boost hoses and tightened them, i have so oil in the hoses due to fitting catch can plus i had a smoke test done and found no leaks at all the car is pulling perfectly fine and dyno results went up after exhaust bedded in its now running 181 bhp with 309ft lb torque, the car drives perfectly no problems or lag etc etc, just the noise its just worrying me ive been told it could be the EGR being faulty not the hose under it i mean the actual EGR meccanism is this a possiblity ?

Also has anyone else got this problem and could you shed some loght on it as i dont want the car to be running faulty as vcds detect nothing and ive done everything i can

thanks
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    The problem is you, your paranoid. Stop worrying, until something drastic happens or it flags something up on vagcom, STOP WORRYING! It's a diesel, they make all sorts of noises, bangs, knocks, rattles, judders but they work, it's not a tight tolerance petrol engine.

2nd Gear

Status
    You should hear mine lol, sound like a jet engine on full throttle, I can post a link if you are interested?

6th Gear

Status
    I thought u would of removed egr system by now ? I have a egr valve I took of mine if you need 1 is going about 10 months old. but that does sound like a boost leak to me ,
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

5th Gear

Status
    Carl 1968 would be great if you posted link to video,

my boost gauge also drops boost under heavy load and sits at 26psi but im not sure if thats due to the actuator dumping extra boost pressure,

where can i get egr delete kit from ? Ive seen allard kits on ebay for around £60 but are they genuine ?

The thing is i cant find boost leaks and theres no lag unless its my air box leaking as that is an intake boost hose technically as it connects onto the turbo
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

Enthusiast

Status
    I had a fluttering noise from the turbo when releasing accelerator like yourself, had to replace it a few months later.
    VCDS USER

1st Gear

Status
    Absolutley normal! Mines been like it for 15 months!

6th Gear

Status
    Waste gate howl is what you're hearing, all my A3's have done it 05, 55 & 56 plates - 2.0L TDIs, stop worrying.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

5th Gear

Status
    Ive been hearing it for ages i even had intercooler changed due to the boost hose coming off and smashing the intercooler insert clip, i replaced all o seals on hoses, when reving it and releasing accelerator i can see that the intake hose that connects onto the turbo inlet after the maf moves a bit amd thats when the noise occurs could that need replacing ? I hear its quite expensive but if it needs doing ill buy it brand new as i would want a second hand damaged one

5th Gear

Status
    My noise has been going on for over a year now and i havnt had any EML on the dash or any limp mode etc plus all passengers say it sounds like a petrol dump valve also gets people on the street to turn around and start looking at what it is lol whoch is good but worrying if its a fault

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    My noise has been going on for over a year now and i havnt had any EML on the dash or any limp mode etc plus all passengers say it sounds like a petrol dump valve also gets people on the street to turn around and start looking at what it is lol whoch is good but worrying if its a fault
    hey mate i get this too on mine! its done 130k though. The sound is amazing i must admit, but seems to go when the cars fully warmed up, i.e done a good 15 miles or so
    TDI140 likes this.
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

3rd Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    Mine was making the exact noise the other day, its just had new turbo today. It's silent now, but maybe I also had a leak on a pipe which was sorted aswell?

5th Gear

Status
    Would love to know what pipe it was mate as it could be the same on mine im gonna get smoke test done again but if nothing comes up ill just pretend its not there or put the music up loader lol

5th Gear

Status
    Could this be the cause of my boost leak / dv noise ? The intake pipe that connects onto the turbo compressor housing looks bent and angles also could be knacked heres a picture
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Pictures arnt so good but thats the best i could do lol

Neutral

Status
    did you found out what was wrong matey? I have the same sound coming from the engine soon as I release acceleration
    "Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
    "Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
    "Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
    "Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
    -Yeah my signature is stolen, get over it-