Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nutkin
  • 1 Post By Minstadave

Thread: Shell V Power Nitro+

Neutral

Status

Shell V Power Nitro+

anyone else noticed this ?
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sportback ¦ Phantom Pearl Black ¦ 16" alloys ¦ 58 Plate ¦ Acoustic Rear Parking System ¦ Criuse Control ¦ Interior Light Package ¦ Light & Rain Sensor ¦ Door Mirrors Auto Dimming and Folding

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    I just got a email about it ,but could not see if its in my area ...

Reverse Gear

Status
    We have had it since Monday down here....

Shell VPower Nitro+

4th Gear

Status
    Got an email too. I only use v power diesel tho, all they've said is that it has better cleaning agents and reduces friction by 25%, and also keeps the injectors cleaner. Until i see some cetane ratings for each i'll be sticking to my normal stuff unless they replace v power with it or its not much more in price.
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

Reverse Gear

Status
    All V power at my two local garages have been replaced by this, so no more standard V power.

1st Gear

Status
    If this is the same V-Power with added nitrogen that they've been selling in the states for a few years, don't get too excited. Shell was trumpeting this here, but it's a lot of marketing BS. I can't speak for additives in the UK, but over here ALL gasoline already contains nitrogen, the Shell V-Power simply has more. When I looked into it, the consensus was that the benefit of extra nitrogen is negligible to non-existent. I've run it a few times, and based on my long term fuel logs I actually get worse economy on V-Power than on the same octane gasoline from other stations. FYI, V-Power is the same octane as "premium" at any station here.

5th Gear

Status
    Hmm will see later on when i put some diesel in at shell on a50
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD-A3 View Post
    If this is the same V-Power with added nitrogen that they've been selling in the states for a few years, don't get too excited. Shell was trumpeting this here, but it's a lot of marketing BS. I can't speak for additives in the UK, but over here ALL gasoline already contains nitrogen, the Shell V-Power simply has more. When I looked into it, the consensus was that the benefit of extra nitrogen is negligible to non-existent. I've run it a few times, and based on my long term fuel logs I actually get worse economy on V-Power than on the same octane gasoline from other stations. FYI, V-Power is the same octane as "premium" at any station here.
    During ur tests how many tanks of v power had u been through before logging data? And what car do you drive?

2nd Gear

Status
    Nitro+ is just Vpower re-branded.

Nitro+ Racing is the new 102RON fuel, however only being placed into a handful of stations across the country. Prices not yet known

1st Gear

Status
    The diesel has anti rust additives in it to prevent corrosion of the injector system apparently

Reverse Gear

Status
    Got some today on my way up out of London at Watford towards M25. 1 litre @ £1.40.
    I couldn't tell you how it went due to issues with my car as it started to tick over and bust a load of oil out onto the road. Hopefully and obviously unrelated.

3rd Gear

Status
    Apparently normal Vpower has been this new formulation for sometime, it was changed before the rebranding.

3rd Gear

Status
    Just filled up with some of this tonight as they didn't have any of the V-power (that I could see) £1.49 a litre. Can't say I've noticed anything running any better to be honest.
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted!
    Bits for sale...
    Genuine S-line 18" alloys, A3 Sportback rear lights. A3 5dr window switches & mirror switch. , Brand new PD170 engine cover. PM for details.

5th Gear

Status
    I just used some of there diesel nitro + i didnt notice any difference tbh car feels the same and i drive it everyday so i would notice difference in power
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 225bhp 351ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok little bit of an update on this, the car definitely does not have any more power but, it does appear to be running a lot smoother. Is it worth the extra cost over normal or V-power? Probably not IMO.
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted!
    Bits for sale...
    Genuine S-line 18" alloys, A3 Sportback rear lights. A3 5dr window switches & mirror switch. , Brand new PD170 engine cover. PM for details.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by max69vk View Post
    Ok little bit of an update on this, the car definitely does not have any more power but, it does appear to be running a lot smoother. Is it worth the extra cost over normal or V-power? Probably not IMO.
    Its replacing vpower and costs the same.

5th Gear

Status
    Car felt bit better today like more nippy also i could notice more black smoke out the exhaust than usual maybe its actually doing the job of i jector cleaners aswel as bein fuel :-/ ill see how many miles i get of £20 as tank was low when i put it in

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Minstadave View Post
    Its replacing vpower and costs the same.
    If only, its more expensive.
    Bits for sale...

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by max69vk View Post
    If only, its more expensive.
    How much more is it than normal unleaded? Here it's the same 8p more that vpower was.

4th Gear

Status
    momentum 99 for me, loving the clubcard points.
    OVRA3 likes this.

Neutral

Status
    I just filled up with this last night, its basically a replacement for vpower how vpower was the replacement of optimax so costs the same (well depending on fuel price but not anymore than what vpower would be).

Optimax was 98octane and vpower was 99octane and vpower nitro+ is still 99octane.

Apparently it reduces friction between components by 25% more over vpower... doubt you will see any performance enhancements, if you do its in your head. Might see small gains in MPG, maybe by 0.25 or 0.5 doubt anything more due to less friction.

I noticed no difference over vpower so far but will see when I come to end of tank but not expecting to see any differences.

Hope my evaluation helps

3rd Gear

Status
    It doesn't say it reduces friction by 25%, it says it has 25% more friction modifiers than the old Vpower. So any effect is implied.
    amit87 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    The emperors new clothes?

Neutral

Status
    ahhhh thanks for clearing that up, I was making it out to be better than it is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstadave View Post
    It doesn't say it reduces friction by 25%, it says it has 25% more friction modifiers than the old Vpower. So any effect is implied.

Neutral

Status
    My local shell has this and normal VPower replaced with VPower Nitro+ currently at £1.46 a litre for diesel
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sportback ¦ Phantom Pearl Black ¦ 16" alloys ¦ 58 Plate ¦ Acoustic Rear Parking System ¦ Criuse Control ¦ Interior Light Package ¦ Light & Rain Sensor ¦ Door Mirrors Auto Dimming and Folding

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by icekay View Post
    My local shell has this and normal VPower replaced with VPower Nitro+ currently at £1.46 a litre for diesel
    My local have swapped out the VPower for VPower Nitro+, still at the stupid price of £1.54

5th Gear

Status
    My tdi runs a lot smoother when I put v power diesel in it, mainly because I run it on crappy Sainsbury's diesel which causes it to judder after 7-8 tanks and the v power cleans it out quite a lot.

V power obviously is more advanced and works better, is it worth the extra cost to run it all the time especially on a diesel I'd say no. Considering diesels can run on cooking oil they aren't exactly fussy what they burn.

1st Gear

Status
    Having had a egr failure last week (replced for minimal cost out of warranty) I'll be using this from time to time, maybe even with some additional fuel additives with egr cleaning claims.