on buying tuned s3

SparkyMcA

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone on this forum was selling this s3

Used Audi S3 Quattro 330BHP £109 Per Week for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1258505)

would it be worth forking out that kind of money for a already tuned car? just not sure if anything would go wrong with it or has been booted f*ck out off constantly
icon9.png

unless he had a huge pocket he wouldnt be able to boot it constantly lol

never know, dont want to fork out 21 thou on a car thats been leathered most of its time,

Your buying a proformance car so its going to be booted at some point its what they were built for, main thing the want to make sure that its been serviced and looked after

a know that just dont want left with all the problems, is yours tuned?

Dont think by readin on here you dont get many problems with tuned cars as long as there done to a high standard and not cut corners. Mine isnt tuned yet but ill be going down that road this summer.

Only 27,000 miles ....I'll go for it if i was you. Lovely colour also...

its smart as dont get me wrong, the bottom grill is normaly grey on the s3 he must have had it all sprayed black, do use think its been done to high standard?

Get the insurance sorted first so no nasty surprises...

I brought I pretty highly tuned S3 and it's brilliant - as the other guys have said, if it's been serviced and looked after then it should be great even if it has been 'booted' - especially at under 30k miles, it'll be great! s Only problem is... you'll want to tune it even more after a couple months ;)

There's not anything necessarily wrong with buying a modified car, but the number of spelling mistakes in the ad puts me off. Might seem stupid to some, but things like 'carbone' and 'Miltek Cat Bak exasut' makes me think they weren't very thorough when they got the car in either. Give it a test-drive at least though, that should show up any major issues.

Also, I'd say it's a bit overpriced even for the spec and mods.

Says stage 1 and 330hp? With those mods it should be tuned for stage 2 at least. Also for £3k you could easily buy a full milltek, intake, HPFP etc and get it mapped. Clutch might be a little more - something to check of its really running that power.

Forgot to say, way I always price a modified car when thinking of buying/selling it is:

value of the car as standard + second hand value of any modifications - cost to convert back to stock

Those mods aren't going to be worth a huge amount on the second hand market, full exhaust ~£500 for example. Think you'd do well to see more than about £1k for the parts if stripped off, worth asking if they have the original parts too!

Buy a bog standard one not from a trader and with FSH. You'll save £5k so you can spend £3k on making it go faster yourself - and not have a dodgy Superchip but instead get it remapped from a decent tuner. As MartayMcFly says, don't trust a trader that spells exhaust as exasut.