Foxes keep jumping on my car!

Sidhu88

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this? It always seems to be after i've just cleaned the car too which is really annoying. Main thing im worried about is scratches, i've already got some bad scratches on the roof because of it, the bonnet is ok aside from loads of muddy footprints. Don't know what to do!! Any ideas?

er odd one this, maybe stop storing steaks on the roof?:p

Sorry, nothing constructive to say due to having never heard of this before

Same as Above, lol if you type in foxes in london on google the first image is a fox on top of Audi A3.

An urban fox in London 20 006

Reactions: johnnythepie
Foxes have good taste in cars.

Have you thought about a cover?

I have a house alarm which sounds like a dog barking as and when an intruder approaches. That might frighten off a fox?

Probably easier to use this one at home:

MEGA-SONIC CAT DOG & FOX DETERRENT REPELLER SCARER REPELLENT | eBay

and this one for example, where there is no electricity source available:

Scoot Fox Repellent | Fox Deterrent | Fox Repeller

We get the odd fox but we're on good terms... feed it some lemons or green apples now and then and it stays away. Usually a few 20-30 ft from the driveway and I think its convinced the food source and terriority is further away now. I'm not a fox expert though but I think one of those websites had a 'fox helpline' for advice and tips!

Our problem here is cats, one got under the bonnet the other day and I started it up and it ran out!!

Add citrus essence to the final wash, wipe down.

We get the odd fox but we're on good terms... feed it some lemons or green apples now and then and it stays away.

Vegetarian foxes? :sm4:

Though it was going to be worse VW fox's but i dunno maybe get some fox repellant or something and put it on some cloth and leave on the car roof

Change your car shampoo?

As this occurs after washing, perhaps they like the smell of the one you are using.

John.

Reactions: Artimus
Neighbours cats love to chill on mine, so I just let them now lol

Reactions: Zak0123
hahaha yeh they seem veg to me.
or should I say... there was one but we ate it?
probably does happen on some exquisite upper gentry dinner table... Jeeves, the fox-pie if you will please.

Some pics of the paw prints and the scratches on my roof.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366025090266326
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366025109999635
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366025121099002ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366025128848334

Thanks for the advice, i use mainly meguiars products which are generally quite sweet smelling, is this whats attracting them?

Im gonna try the citrus based final coat, do foxes not like citrusy scents?

Change your car shampoo?

As this occurs after washing, perhaps they like the smell of the one you are using.

John.

Im just about to switch from meguiars gold class to meguiars ultimate wash and wax. I don't think its the wash so much, more the wax.

Foxes have good taste in cars.

Have you thought about a cover?

I have a house alarm which sounds like a dog barking as and when an intruder approaches. That might frighten off a fox?

Its never really happened much before and in all honestly i cant be ***** to sit there every night and morning fiddling about with a car cover. My cars parked on the street so cant really put intruder alarms etc around which doesnt help. The foxes around here have become a bit more brave lately as well, they're not frightened by people approaching or cars coming close anymore, urban foxes lol

Have you tried parking in a different spot?

We get the odd fox but we're on good terms... feed it some lemons or green apples now and then and it stays away. Usually a few 20-30 ft from the driveway and I think its convinced the food source and terriority is further away now. I'm not a fox expert though but I think one of those websites had a 'fox helpline' for advice and tips!

Our problem here is cats, one got under the bonnet the other day and I started it up and it ran out!!

Surely feeding the fox would cause them to continuously come back? Or do those food types not go well with foxes?

Ive heard of cats going under cars and into bays for warmth, im sure someone on here said they drove around with a cat for a while and it got trapped near the drive belt and well... Things got messy...lol. Have u not got ur undertray on?

Have you tried parking in a different spot?

I park in various places on the street outside my house, it makes no difference. Ive been trying to park really close to the car in front too, again no difference.

Is it just your car they go on or is it neighbours cars as well?

wow!
what a strange predicament!
i dont really know of a guaranteed solution, but you could try parking in the range of a security light with an infrared sensor so when something gets in range, i.e. around your car the light comes on and shines straight at it!
this could work or maybe not! but the chances are the fox will get used to it as there very intelligent!
i imagine the scratches are quite bad as foxes have very sharp claws (country foxes anyway), and they can jump quite remarkable heights without a run! so a little hop onto a car roof is no bother at all to them!

Call in the hounds. Id hunt that thing down if it did that to my car.

Take a p*ss on each of the cars tyres, the scent should put them off getting close to the car (this isnt a joke either).

Reactions: grr666
Take a p*ss on each of the cars tyres, the scent should put them off getting close to the car (this isnt a joke either).

After all the time i spend detailing it, thats defo a no no lol! Maybe if i get desperate, my neighbours already think im a weirdo for constantly cleaning it, imagine if they saw me p*ssing on my tyres lmfao!

Reactions: sliced, Artimus and CHEZ
After all the time i spend detailing it, thats defo a no no lol! Maybe if i get desperate, my neighbours already think im a weirdo for constantly cleaning it, imagine if they saw me p*ssing on my tyres lmfao!

Urinate in a bottle and then pour over the car. Neighbours won't suspect a thing. Problem solved! :arco:

kill it skin it and use it as a wash mit

Reactions: Zak0123, johnnythepie and CHEZ
Aslong as they don't take your car you'll be fine because they are colour blind they can't tell the difference between a green light and a red one and are likely to get you a ticket

Last edited:

How the fcku do you feed a fox a lemon???

kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill . i think i may have anger problems ! kill kill kill kill KILL

kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill . i think i may have anger problems ! kill kill kill kill KILL

I think i may just! Cleaned the car today, theres deep scratches in the bonnet :( ill get some pics when theres better light! Argh!

hmm fox, sit in my car till it shows up with a 12bore in hand :s i cant stand cats lucky i live away from any houses or cats :) electric fence round the car neighbours will think your strange then

really though!
the more i think about this they must be using your car as a vantage point or viewing point!
do you live at the top of a hill by any chance?
if so move your car further down!
dont try and poisson or shoot them, you will only get into trouble!
just try and discourage them, move the car away if possible, it sounds like you live in a territory that the dog fox is guarding.
there maybe a den nearby?
you have to think fox to defeat a fox!
trust me i know!
other than move the car, or fit a super dooper bright security light, they will still use this position!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366235908536351
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366235924065365

The scratches on my bonnet :( could be worse! So far there hasnt been any new prints tho, new shampoo could be the reason y. Had a peek around at the neighbours cars n they have footprints too.

I dont live on a hill btw, and it doesnt matter where i park either...