Egr removal. Where do I get the parts from

dubindan

Reaction score
So I'm considering removing my egr valve and cooler I allready have my car mapped and I don't want to change the map so can the egr system just be switched off without a new map, also has anyone else done this rough costs and where do I get the parts from thanks

You'll need the EGR mapped out, you can't remove it (without engine management light coming on) unless you asked for it to be mapped out at the time of the remap.

The parts to block & pipe connector to remove the cooler are on eBay

Hmm think I won't bother then dont want to pay out for another remap

You shouldnt be paying out for another full remap as its only an update to your existing map. The EGR is programmed to stay fully closed and thats all it is. Should cost no more £50 to get the update IF that. I only charge for 1 hour labour and its a quick tweak to the map so no worries. Ask your tuner if they can do it for you and on't be fobbed off that it has to be a full remap because it doesnt need it. Update only mate

It cost me £25 extra to get a egr removal after i had a remap, i dont think it requires a "full" remap. Ur better of going to remap guy to sort it. Hope it helps

And looking at my egr it looks like its linked to a oil cooler is it is it safe to remove the cooler too ?

I have had my egr cooler removed and egr valve and has caused no problems.

Okay I'll get it done then thankyou my coolant is slowly going over a month and its starting to let out a lot of steam and blue smoke until its warm. My mechanic told me usually the cooler causes this so I want to get rid of that anyway.

Okay cheers can any remaper turn it off for me or has it got to be the one who's put the map on it