s line rear end milltek pipes after fitting s line bumper why are they angled to side

TDI140

Reaction score
hi ive fitted my rear s lien bumper and had bottom diffused sprayed gloss black to give it a better look and also the roof spoiler is fitted and working nicely, but the problem im having is the milltek tail pipes are not long enough to stick out past the bumper cut out and look a bit weird also they are angled to the left as can be seen in the images how can i resolve these issues ?
thanks pics below

why cant i upload pictures ?? is there a fault with forum ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 256
Sorry no idea about the pipes, they must have been made slightly at the wrong angle?

However liking the spoiler and also notice that your rear window 'black' edge has gone the same as mine, really annoys me!

Funny soloution milltek sent tips for a gti edition 30 and any tdi soot will stop them sitting properly so had to clean them and refit as i took them off before couple times to adjust but its all good now i keep looking at the rear now as its full s line exterior using good quality oem parts, and yes the black on the window is very annoying must be water getting in over time and then limescale acid from rain water eating away at the black

what does it sound like with the new eggzorst?

Sounds great tbh good deep tone with milltek 3.0" non resonated and faster turbo spool and louder turbo spool also got some kind of dumping sound like a mini dump valve bit weird but sounds ok i guess

Love the tone of the milltek though

Ive got the exact same system mate the non res decat milltek and it sounds lovely!
I have the dump valve sound too its perfectly normal

Ive got the exact same system mate the non res decat milltek and it sounds lovely!
I have the dump valve sound too its perfectly normal
i suddenly thought my hoses had splits in so got under the car and started checking but found no leaks i also had leak/smoke test done found nothing not even a tiny hole so i know the new intercooler and hoses are fine just though the milltek created the sound it sounds wicked tbh lol

Would love to hear how it sounds :music: ....how about you do a video ?

Ive got a dyno video ill upload to youtube and post link here

Reactions: J.R.
Very nice, glad you have sorted. When I had mine fitted it transforms the rear of the car :)

Thanks pal, yh it does make it stand out plus the gloss black diffuser and new s line rear bumper

Keep looking at replacing my rear bumper with a black edition. Do like the gloss black, going to paint the front chrome surround gloss black when i get my next week offand can take the bumper off.

I never thought the spoiler would stand out alot but it realy does i got the s line spoiler its a nice touch bit procey but i wanted it lol, i didnt go for black edition as my parking sensors are bigger than the facelift bumpers and they arnt straight swap over so just bought standard s line rear for 8p2 but i like it in gloss black instead of the dull grey, im also having my grill and fog grills done in gloss black when i get time and can be bothered to take them off and drip them for spraying

Reactions: dj_woodster
Nice, I have a straight through pipe, sounds similarish but my turbo is more pronounced. Might be the video, yours sounds slightly deep. Can you still hear the turbo when you floor it?

Yh turbo sound is proper loud mate even when light throttle turbo sound can be heard loudly, very good piece of kit