Silvered indicator bulbs

Ben S3 8P3

Reaction score
Sorry to have to make a new thread for this. Although an update may be useful.

What are the preferred bulbs to use to get rid off the egg yolk effect on the 2008 onwards facelift?

I have seen WarrenS3's thread talking about some £23 VAG bulbs?

I take it they aren't standard bulbs that can be replaced with silvatecs

I got a set from t8ups, think they were about £4.50, although on one of them, the silver coating is starting to come off.

I replaced it with a Silvatec one I got off eBay when I had my Clio and it worked fine.

I got a set from t8ups, think they were about £4.50, although on one of them, the silver coating is starting to come off.

I replaced it with a Silvatec one I got off eBay when I had my Clio and it worked fine.

Is this for the front headlights? I should have specified front.

Have you got a link for the type of bulb/bulb code?

cheers

Yeh, for the front.

Just re-read your first post and noticed your car's 2008 onwards, mines 2007 but can't imagine it being different. Can't remember the bulb size off the top of my head, will check when I get home from work if someone doesn't let you know before.

They do make the front look a lot cleaner though!

I read that thread a couple weeks ago and tried contacting the man who was selling them,he emailed me back saying the price has now gone up to £46 :/

I looked around on the internet and found this website called German Auto Spares that is based in Swindon that had them for £41 shipped. They arrived the next day and i installed them and am very happy with the results.

Welcome to German Auto Spares - German Auto Spares - suppliers of VAG Febi Car Spare Parts

IMG 3813 Bulbs
Dcd Before
IMG 3911 After
IMG 3902 Working Fine

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben S3 8P3
IMHO forget about these. they look good for about 6 months and then the silver disappears and the orange comes back

WOW £46 is a alot! I have just done this to my black 2006 Audi A3 3 dr, I used genuine Phillips Silver Vision bulbs PY21 OFFSET pins and they worked a treat. Do not use Powerbulbs.com for seeing which bulbs you need as it came up with straight pins for the rear on my car. Try a few websites to see which ones you need, and then go for the Phillips ones. Hope this helps but I cant be specific for your model year car.