Badger5JMB Retrofits
    6th Gear

Status
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    That should be a piece of cake, I'm doing mine soon after my mate did his, took all of 5 minutes, made a huge difference as well.

Enthusiast

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibo View Post
    That should be a piece of cake, I'm doing mine soon after my mate did his, took all of 5 minutes, made a huge difference as well.
    Did he do it on 2.0TDI?
    VCDS USER

2nd Gear

Status
    Errrm...no : ) should of thought of that, if it helps, is easy on a V6, my bad.

1st Gear

Status
    Poly bushes are a doddle to fit as the bush comes in 2 halves. It is harder to remove the OE bush though, a press will help.

6th Gear

Status
    ok ta will get done when m8 does oil change on ramp makes it abit easyer . is that the only 1 to change on the gearbox mount
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

4th Gear

Status
    I did this the other day on my TDI, it should have been easy.....

It was an absolute pig!

The insert would not go in no matter how much grease was applied and when eventually it did, it was done by pretty much jacking the car up on the insert so the weight of the car pushed it in!

And the results once it was fitted? Now I now this thing is meant to bed in but after 10 seconds of the engine being switched on it was clear it this wasn't the mod for me. At idle it felt like I was a brick inside a cement mixer the vibrations & banging was that bad, it was that bad we jacked the car up, spent God knows how long trying to remove the thing & refit it, only to find it made no difference what so ever. We then tried raising the idle speed to smooth things out at idle but even at 940rpm the whole car was buzzing.

Even driving with it fitted we felt every engine vibration possible, I'm sure over time it would break in better, but for me it was totally unbearable. The only option I'm left with is to possibly beat the thing to a pulp with a mallet to soften it more then fit it, or try to modify it somehow to bring it to an acceptable level of comfort. Plenty of people swear by these things, for me though it just didn't work.
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted... Still....

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    done it on mine and its a really easy mod. took me 5 mins to do after a whole long discussion of what i should do about the stupid juddering i used to get:
    Engine mounts

Undo the bolt, use a load of grease on it and then slip it in along with the washers and then redo the bolt. the car has improved loads since fitting it!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.