yellow steering light on. A3 TDI SPORTBACK

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
hope you guys can help me.......my yellow steering lights has come on,since yesterday,steering is working ok,car went to my local mechanic,he tapped the cv joint(he was replacing the cv boot) it wouldnt budge,took off the shaft,and replaced it that way....no probs,seen this done before,then he did cambelt job,once car was on the ground,the light was on,i got vcds on it,cleared it,took key out of ignition and back in,light comes back on,code is 0573 implausible signal A3 TDI 2005

He did have the ignition on when he was working on the car,so steering wouldn't lock when he wanted to turn the wheel,some one mentioned something about re-seating the sensors on the hubs????? read it in some post somewhere.

Cars been driving ok,steering works ok and has been for last 2 weeks,just got yellow light.

Ive checked on wiki site,but not really got an answer,visually checked all wiring,saying that,,i was at the garage when it was being done so i know mec didnt mess with the rack.

All torque reading do change when i checked via vcds

Hi there, I'm just wondering how you solved the issue as a spanner monkey did the exact same thing & resulted in the exact same fault. Any news would be great. cheers.