advice on whether powder coated rims look better than STOCK

R90 STL

Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently bought a black edition a3 and I quite fancy getting the wheels powder coated gloss black. What do you think looks better .. Titanium (stalk) or gloss black (powder coated)

I appreciate your feedback

Audi 2
Audi

I'd go for titanium mate.

I have mine in gloss black.
Some people dont like the idea of black on black but I love them.
looking to get them refurbed soon, will probably stick to the same colour.

i know my old 1 series was black on black and i loved it. I do like the titanium but i think gloss black looks SLIGHTLY better but i cannot make up my mind (hence the thread). I wasnt going to bother but i kerbed an alloy last week so instead of refurbing the one wheel i was going to get them all done. its barely noticeable but i notice it!

Bmw

Its very much a personal choice, some cars Black on Black looks the nutz.

But from those two pics, I have Titanium

I don't mind black on black with some wheels but I prefer anthracite/titanium colour, like the first one's in those wheels.

Gloss black look shee-ite/chav/shady/cheapens your car

All of the above!

I think the titanium looks classy and suits the car colour perfectly. I think black wheels are ok with a white car but not black. Why don't you try one rim with plastidip and u can always take it off if u don't like it. It won't be a true gloss finish though.

Reactions: R90 STL
I have these exact wheels, but in silver as my 2009 car isn't the black edition. I'm having my silver wheels done in titanium.. prefer that look

Reactions: R90 STL
i think i will just get them refurbed in the same colour - thanks guys

I think it depends in which direction you want to take your car.

There was a member on here at one point that had a 'stealth' A3, which is completely black, and it looked incredible.

If you aren't going for the all-black stealth look, then I'd definitely go the route of titanium, can't go wrong with that.

personally I like the all black look and it would look sick on my car with the black audi badges, grille and tints! Perhaps I will go black for a while and convert back to titanium in a year or 2. do you have a link for the stealth a3?

I would say titanium for me. Black on black isn't my thing really

although I went for polished face with black inserts on my A3.

Don't like black wheels full stop but black on black is especially naff.

Reactions: stuartm
i wish id had my wheels painted rather than powder coated, as soon as they are kerbed the powdercoat looks terrible. Damage is much less obvious and easily repairable when painted.