Volks AutosEM Tuning
    5th Gear

Status

Going to buy steering wheel what do i need ? Pics inside

Im going to buy this steering wheel for my car, its a flat bottom without multi function as i dont like the idea of buttons on the steering, the question is do i need a steering slip ring for it to fit ? If so which one and part numbers please ? Also whats the part number for the airbag plug that i need
    i know this has been covered but i cant find a thread for the non multifuction flat bottom steering sorry if it has been covered

thankyou
    image.jpg The new wheel i want to buy
    image.jpgWhat my steering looks like right now
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Subscribed as this is something I'm interested in doing also.
    Also will the old airbag fit the new one? I presume not buy just checking.

5th Gear

Status
    It will not fit thats why the new airbag plug is needed i just need to know part number for air bag plug and whether the slipring needs to be upgraded to a different one for the flat bottom
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

2nd Gear

Status
    Brilliant cheers.

Also FYI there was a S-line flat bottom on eBay the other week with airbag for £250 I think?

5th Gear

Status
    Thats cheap but i think it had multifunction buttons and i dont want them

:)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    Thats cheap but i think it had multifunction buttons and i dont want them
    They can be removed

5th Gear

Status
    Ive located a wheel from a breaker 45mins away from me all i need is the plug for it to the airbag, the actual airbag off ebay and a slip ring if i need one as i dont know which is why i created this thread to find out part number etc