Another hello post! (New S3)

DCS

Reaction score
Hi guys, just a post to say hi.

I think this forum is really great and it actually factored into my decision to buy a 2010 DSG Sportback S3. I've had it about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. Pic of my new baby below.

My s3   Copy
Cheers!

Welcome , Cars looking good, hope you keep it in the Garage at night, for the sake of the mirrors lol

Thanks both! Given how narrow my garage is, the mirrors are probably safer outside than in there :blush:

Thanks both! Given how narrow my garage is, the mirrors are probably safer outside than in there :blush:

I mean no offence, and my blood is very yorkshire'ish but.....If your anywhere near Leeds/Halifax area.....Lock it away!

Thefts seem to be never ending from there for these cars.

Nothing really serious planned. I've upgraded from a 2.0 TDI Golf, so I'm still grinning like an idiot every time I put my foot down. Don't think I'll be needing any remaps quite yet :)

I think I'll probably get some privacy film done as I really like the look it gives the rear of the car. I'm also arranging for my local dealers to put in cruise control and some parking sensors as those are things I'd really get some use out of!

Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Reactions: ENZO
Nice mate! What alloys she got? And definitely go for tints :cool: Maybe plastidip the grille and fog surrounds? Looks great on red.

Welcome mate, lovely looking S3, don't see many about in that colour.

With regards to the cruise and parking sensors, where abouts are you based? There are a few people on here that retrofit bits like this and may be cheaper than going to the stealers.

So I was driving to work this morning and hit a pheasant trying to cross the dual carriageway! I think he came off worse, but there's a tiny scratch maybe 1cm long on the left of my bumper! Not too bad but it's taken some paint off. From the picture above, please could anyone identify my colour so I can order a touch-up stick?

I used some paint lying around in the garage and to my surprise, Mini's solid chilli red paint was an exact match.
Paint code can be found on the sticker in the boot or the one in owners handbook.

Reactions: DCS
Brilliant! I hadn't thought to look in the boot, thanks!