Monster MotorsportBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Clutch and flywheel replacement from Audi

I have an A3 09 1.9 tdie sport with a a lot of clutch judder(86000 on the clock). I have been in contact with Stratford Audi and I've managed to get them down from £1260 to £1050 on the strength of a quote from a good independent of £950. My question to you guys is the extra £100 worth it for the peace of mind of having it done by audi in your opinions and are these about the correct prices.

It's always worth asking on here for people's thoughts and experience before you part with hard earned cash.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    that is silly money get yourself to a decent independant probably be around 600-700 tops
    Audi S3 2.0TFSI.. Milltek Turbo-Back Non-Res, ITG maxogen, THS FMIC, HPFP internals, Custom FR&RTuning dyno Software

Previous
    Audi S3 1.8T with the following mods: Milltek Cat Back Non Res exhaust, with THS Decat, Induction kit , Forge 007P Valve and Custom FR-RTuning Stage 2 Software..

Neutral

Status
    Wow that's silly money! Get some quotes from indies a bit further afield, you can save a lot!

5th Gear

Status
    i had clutch and fly and gearbox repair in my passat for £600, where are you located?
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah i dont like Audi at the moment. I had a similar issue with mine and as ive only had mine 3 months i wanted them to replace under warranty, which they said no to.

They wanted to charge me £2100 to replace the clutch and flywheel. I a clutch from GNJ motorsport and got it fitted for £1100.

I would defo keep looking around and get a better price. It might be worth buying the part separately and paying for just fitting.

Thanks

Ryan

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the advice and replies. I'm based in birmigham so if any knows a trusted cheaper alternative close to me let me know.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for your advice guys and here's an update. I got several independent quotes and have gone for a local independent in brum called clutch right. Clutch and flywheel replacement for £745 with 2 years guarantee. Having it done Thursday so I'll let you know the quality of the work done for members around the Birmingham area.

I'm just so fed up of the vibration on my foot and the excessive noise when driving around town. Really hope this stops after this work is done.

bo
    Neutral

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bo View Post
    That's just for a clutch, flywheel is another £500 on top.