2.0tfsi in the garage!

clarkiey

Reaction score
So i've taken my 57 plate 2.0tfsi quattro feeling sluggish. Advice on here suggests it's most likely the diverter valve. Having spoken to technician working on the vehicle, he says it can't be, due to diagnostics showing boost pressures are fine. Could it still be the diverter valve or is he right? Cheers again!Clarkiey

Valve is around £50 if I recall correctly.

My S3 was very sluggish, fitted a forge DV and its like a super car now!! They are £199 or so though!

Ok i might be wrong here but surely reading the boost figures would only work when out driving in the car when the system is boosting up ? unless he went out in it ?,if he has done it while ticking over with diagnostic it wouldnt show anything

what fault codes did it show?

Last edited:
if boost levels are fine it would suggest not the DV

i'l be looking at HPFP follower and pump drive lobe condition, again these can be measured on block 230 VCDS and view requested rail pressure vs actual

this is all assuming the car has had regular servicing and coilpack recall done

Perhaps the MAF. Easy to check, with it unplugged... if the car drives the same then it's prob goosed...
However when unplugging and starting engine it will pull a fault code, which will need vcds to reset.

Keep us posted...

Diverters can be had for a lot less...i.e. eBay item # 321101812754

That's the old revision with the rubber diaphragm need the revision D