I think I need a VWSN (Volkswagen-Sport.net) forum....

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
So... after four years of Audi ownership I'm bailing out. It was enjoyable but I just grew bored of my A3 2.0 TFSI and needed something else. Considered an S3, but making it three 8Ps in 4 years wasn't something I wanted to do. Considered BMW, but they just don't do it for me.

Anyway, I've always liked the Scirocco so decided on getting one.

Started doing some heavy research and decided on the GT 2.0 TSI. But a few days later and reading numerous reviews I started to get the appetite for an R.

Fast forward another week and I put a deposit down, and then a few more days later and I picked up this........

Spec:

Scirocco R - DSG - 265 bhp
Candy White
19" Talladega alloys
Leather/heated/electric lumbar seats
Dynaudio (basically VW's/Volvo's/Bugatti's OEM sound system upgrade)
Premium Bluetooth Phone kit
LED DRLs
Bi-xenons
Adaptive Chassis Control
Auto lights, rain sensors, dimming rear view/wing mirrors.

frontqtr1.jpg

rearqtr1.jpg

rear1sd.jpg

reardark.jpg

sidedark.jpg

sidelight.jpg

steeringv.jpg

rseats.jpg

seatrear.jpg

brakesw.jpg

frontldrl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: shariain, Andy Crooks, wuta3 and 1 other person
Very nice.

You can still stay here and enjoy the forum or there's always the other forum if you need.

I'm sure you can still get everything you need here too.

Very nice.

You can still stay here and enjoy the forum or there's always the other forum if you need.

I'm sure you can still get everything you need here too.

Thanks.

And yep, will still hang about on here. 99% of my posts are non car related anyway! :laugh:

Sure we can tempt you to spend some more!

good choice
iv been thinking about geting one.

Very nice !! Congrats mate its still a VAG

good choice
iv been thinking about geting one.

I've only had it a couple of days but I can already say I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Have a read of reviews etc and it seems the most negative comment is that the boot is awkward!

Very nice !! Congrats mate its still a VAG

Thanks mate. Yep still VAG... I needed to keep dsg in my life!

Ive never been in a dsg audi or vw only manual or tiptronic whats gear changes like to the tiptronic as i found that a little sluggish

Nice car Ads, missed you around here :)

You staying around anyway, maybe you could bolster the vw portal on here :)

Ive never been in a dsg audi or vw only manual or tiptronic whats gear changes like to the tiptronic as i found that a little sluggish

The dsg gear changes are lightening. Hardly any break in power when going through the gears.
It has its odd moments, but on the whole its excellent.

Nice car Ads, missed you around here :)

You staying around anyway, maybe you could bolster the vw portal on here :)

Thanks mate.

Good idea about the vw section, I could be the mod :eyebrows: and the only user.

I already having a coding question for you, I'll drop you a pm though.

Thanks mate.

Good idea about the vw section, I could be the mod :eyebrows: and the only user.

I already having a coding question for you, I'll drop you a pm though.

Ads, very nice car. Please feel free to make the vw section busier, you not been posting much recently, lol. Seriously though, if you need anything to improve the vw section of the forum, send me a pm with your ideas and we will look into it. :) x x

Ads, very nice car. Please feel free to make the vw section busier, you not been posting much recently, lol. Seriously though, if you need anything to improve the vw section of the forum, send me a pm with your ideas and we will look into it. :) x x

Thanks Sandra, will do. And yes, my post frequency has been pretty embarrassing lately!

Very nice mate. Often thought about one of those or a Golf R. Lovely looking motors.

Thanks jonny.

Buuutttt..... :laugh:

You'll love the DSG.

My A3 was dsg too.

Good riddance to ridiculous FWD!

The scirocco is fwd too! Haha.
Vw have done some electronic trickery to minimise traction issues and it seems to work very well.
In the dry it manages to get all of the power down with virtually no wheel spin and handles very nicely around bends etc.
Just waiting until it rains to see what's what.

Haha, I actually thought for a second you had DSG in your A3 as I recall chatting about it before, oh well :)

Also didn't realise the R was FWD, I just assumed it was the same engine / drivetrain from an S3.

Haha, I actually thought for a second you had DSG in your A3 as I recall chatting about it before, oh well :)

Also didn't realise the R was FWD, I just assumed it was the same engine / drivetrain from an S3.

Yeah it was the same for me at first.
The R uses VW's XDS electronic diff system.

Have you came across the worst thing in the Scirocco yet?

Non-hydraulic lift bonnet :scared2:

Hahahaha... YES! The first time I opened the bonnet I let it go expecting it to stay up.... and it didn't!! I caught it before it took me out but it was a close call.

Last edited:
I too also considered the 'R' but the Scirocco is only fwd, imho an 'R' needs to be AWD like the Golf R..
But enjoy............

Ads,

What happened to your fat fives? :ninja:

They're still on the A3.
I did think of you.. but finding another set, maybe needing to get tyres, blah blah blah... made me tired just thinking about it.

I didn't even take the 09 rear lights off either.

Reactions: Simon66
Stunning car Ads! :applaus:

I am a big fan of the Rocco, be sure to keep us up to date with the upgrades you decide to do.

They're still on the A3.
I did think of you.. but finding another set, maybe needing to get tyres, blah blah blah... made me tired just thinking about it.

I didn't even take the 09 rear lights off either.

Shame mate.
Should have said I might have been able to sort something and we could have meet up. :(

Thanks mate.
I've told myself I'm doing nothing to this car, but then again I told myself that about the a3 too.

You MUST remap it at least.
The difference is amazing on the HALDEX shackled S3 so I would imagine the Rocco to be a weapon once you are up and rolling.

Dont tell me the reckless Juvenile in you wouldnt enjoy annoying more exotic stuff on the m-Way.....ahem...:angrymod:

....and hasnt already thought about it.....:sly:

And yep, will still hang about on here.

Dammit :laugh:

You MUST remap it at least.
The difference is amazing on the HALDEX shackled S3 so I would imagine the Rocco to be a weapon once you are up and rolling.

Dont tell me the reckless Juvenile in you wouldnt enjoy annoying more exotic stuff on the m-Way
Amen to that,a remapped DSG is awesome..apparently